Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Bspars
New Contributor
New Contributor

Connecting Modem

I have Optus cable broadband. I renewed my agreement and they sent me a new modem, a sagemcom f@st 3864AC NBN modem

my area is not NBN enabled 

none of the connections at the back are cable connections?

is there anyway to connect it or have they just sent me the wrong modem?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SillyGogo
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Connecting Modem

for cable internet you should have the Netgear CG3000V2 or Netgear CM500V + Sagemcom F@ST 3864 .. Looks like they have send you the wrong modem

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Bspars
New Contributor
New Contributor

My existing Optus modem is a netgear cg3000-1 STAUS

can I use the cable connection into this one to then connect to the new one - part of the reason I got the new one was to get a newer faster modem with better WiFi 

0 Kudos
SillyGogo
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

People are getting mix performance from the 3864AC. I found the netgear is more stable, with your internet coming in at a max 100Mbps, the 2.4Ghz band would be the same, you might get some performace improvement from the 5Ghz band with the sacrify of range. If you want to try it out, then turn off Wifi from the netgear(minise interference) connect a lan cable from a Lan of the Netgear then to a lan port on the 3864AC. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos