Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
New Contributor Jon58
New Contributor

Connected to NBN, landline disconnected but still paying for it

Hi Yes Crowd,

can you explain why our land line has been disconnected since the connection to the nbn?

Our bill says we are still paying for it.

Any ideas?

Best Regards

Jon Murdoch

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Occasional Contributor MattyAu
Occasional Contributor

Re: Lack of service

Hey Jon,

Sorry to hear you are expeirncing these issues.

Please take a moment to run through these steps linked here (No Dial Tone)

if these do not resolve your issues, best to get in contact with Optus support so your issue can be resolved quickly.

Online: Start Chat (Optus)

Phone: 133 937

If you decide to head into store for support, remeber to bring 100 points photo ID with you so a team member can access your account.

Best Regards

Matt

Need More Help?

Call 133 937

Chat with an Optus Sales/Support rep from the Optus App, or Optus.com.au/support

Are you heading into store?

Remember to bring 100 points of photo ID with you soo Optus staff can access your account.

Feedback

Did I resolve your issue today? - Please take a moment to let me know that you received my reply and the outcome of your issue. If you happy with the help I provied please consider a "Kudos!" - Thank you!

0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Lack of service

Do you know what type of service you had previously? Was it a copper connection into your house?

The reason why I ask is the set up with NBN is quite different. Now that you're on the NBN, you should find a socket on the back of your modem labelled "phone" which is where you'd plug your landline into now rather than straight into your phone outlet in your wall. 

The cabling inside your house can be upgraded by a licenses technician but it would be at your own expense. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own