I have a brand new home in a brand new neighbourhood.
Getting NBN has been a running issue. Here's how it's gone.
1. Phoned optus to happily sign up for their $60/m plan, attracted by the $0 setup cost. Was turned down because the guy could not find my address.
2. Went to local optus store (25 minute drive) thinking with their local knowledge they would sort me out. Wrong. The guy said he needed to put in a request with NBN to update their system so then optus could connect us. He said it would be sorted in a week and i'd get an email.
3. A week and half later, no email. Dont know what's happening. Called optus again. Guy said he'd have to put in request with NBN. Said id get an email in a week. Never did.
4. Called up again a week later. It's been over a month since this ordeal began. I had contacted NBN myself and figured out the addressing issue with them. Finally spoke with a guy at Optus competent enough to figure out where I live and got the ball rolling. Booked an installation appointment for a week later (now tomorrow) on 23/11. Was satisfied with the service and thought this issue was finally put to bed.
5. Made arrangements to have someone home for the installation. Made arrangements to resume online study. Made arrangements to resume online business. But despite being informed I would get emails with order numbers and other info, nothing received. I'm getting nervous.
6. So today I call back. Wait 15 minutes on hold to speak to pre activation team. Guy tells me the appointment is now next Wednesday (29/11). Cant tell me why. He said he would text me the new appiointment details (never recieved it). Try to call back later today to get to the bottom of why this has happend. Wait for 10 minutes while another guy tries to figure out where I live (despite the fact I gave him my order number). Then wait 15 minutes to talk to e activatiom team again. But now my lunch break is over.
All I want to know is what is happening with my NBN connection? Why has this been so difficult? And can I get my internet set up ASAP?
I've been let down by Optus. And if this doesn't work out, I'll be looking elsewhere. And not just for my NBN. Also for my phone and my wife's phone (which by the way we have each spent upwards of $15,000 with this company). Because why would I stick with a company which won't even sell me the service I'm trying to buy?