Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
geom
Contributor
Contributor

Complaints Department

It seems that whenever I visit YesCrowd, it’s to vent a complaint about poor customer service, amongst other dissatisfactions with Optus. (It would be a welcome change to actually post something complementary). I’m now targeting Optus once again for NOT responding to written complaints - both through their ’complaints’ webpage and via email. This, to me, smacks of Optus’s indifference and further reinforces their poor customer service.

Unfortunately, those with experience in Optus are not the people we get to communicate with, mainly the trainees or those too afraid to use their common sense rather than follow their scripted guide / rule books. Furthermore, will a optus please stop that recorded message that tells us to use the app or the website. People phoning actually want to SPEAK DIRECTLY WITH A HUMAN BEING. Human resources should be wisely utilised manning the phones to make wait time a matter of minutes rather than over 30 minute wait times. I know this is not merely an Optus issue. However, as paying customers, we deserve better. As stated elsewhere, we do, now, have a range of providers to choose from. It will simply be a matter of ‘testing’ them out with their response time. By the way,I’m sure we’re all gobsmacked at how quickly the phone is manned if it is solely to do with a new service or purchase.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Complaints Department

The situation should eventually self correct @geom as cutomers leave there should be fewer complaints and so a quicker responce. Smiley Indifferent. FWIW Optus treat actual written complaints more seriously (pen and paper, envelope and stamp). You can find their contact details in the complaints section.

Peter Gillespie

geom
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Complaints Department

Thank you Peter (again). I will certainly take up your suggestion re pen and paper and use this as an opportunity to collate my lust grievances. The irony, as I see it, is here they are managing customers online and through automated machines, yet they prefer postal correspondence before acting promptly. Oh well! Thanks again.

0 Kudos