Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
safox
New Contributor
New Contributor

Complaint acknowledgement

Due to appalling customer service who seem unable to follow the simplest of requests resulting in mistakes being made in every aspect of my latest bill, I have lodged a complaint via this page:

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/enquiries?_ga=2.135720369.1226897654.1532078565-1392219474.153...

24 hours later, I have had no acknowledgement of receipt of this complaint either by phone or email. Is this normal practice or does the absence of helpful, real customer service spread to the complaints department too?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Logged-Off
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Complaint acknowledgement

At the top of that page it has the following:

Just a heads up! We get a few enquiries from customers via email so it may take us a few days to reply!

Then it gives the following with some options:

GOT SOMETHING A LITTLE MORE URGENT?

It most likely sends an email via the webpage to a fropbox and one of the backend teams then logs it - does take a few days for this to happen.

safox
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for your input Paddylee, but I had already read the page. The thread here is entitled 'Complaint acknowledgement' though - I don't expect an immediate response (as I've read the page), just some kind of aknowledgement that the complaint has been received - automated, if necessary, as is the norm. As for the alternate ways of contact then suggested, ie talk to someone, this is exactly why I sent an email as, as I'm sure you're aware, CS can be astonishingly poor. And which, in my instance, is the cause of my problem. Rather than waste any more of my time on pointless phone calls to a CS team which seem unable to understand the simplest of requests, I've chosen to put it in writing where there can be no confusion. In this day and age, to expect an automated email confirming receipt of a message from the website of a company of this size seems a perfectly reasonable thing.

By the way, I've still heard nothing.

0 Kudos
Marie

Hey @safox,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't received any confirmation.

You're most welcome to send through your details via PM and we can take a look at your account to see what's happening with your complaint.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos