Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
GeorgeRomas
New Contributor
New Contributor

Commercial Quote or similar?

Hello Optus and crowd support, 

I'm moving into our new home and would like to use the cable internet as it will be better than adsl especially for working from home situations.

I have spoken to someone on chat a few times, but they are only saying that I can only get Wireless and other companies say i can only get ADSL connection.

This is a new build and we just finished building, but we have a coaxial cable installed for foxtel/pay tv if we decided but also for internet purposes and when I look up many addresses in our street, neighbours etc they all can get Optus cable.

I tried to go through a commercial quote via Telstra but they insisted I can't do that let alone get someone to just drive out to my house and inspect it.

Does this mean the database hasn't been updated for my house? Or will it ever be? I know NBN is still a while off and as mentioned, working from home using ADSL connection, I'd rather just go to my parents' house and work from there.

Any chance a Mod or someone can help me? I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: Commercial Quote or similar?

G'day @GeorgeRomas, welcome to the community.

This is a new build and we just finished building, but we have a coaxial cable installed for foxtel/pay tv if we decided but also for internet purposes and when I look up many addresses in our street, neighbours etc they all can get Optus cable

How new are we talking? Is it a brand-new development, or had the existing property been demolished and rebuilt? 

I'm happy to go in and perform a couple of checks. We do have the ability to arrange a site inspection.

Could you PM across your details for us? I need your full name, DOB and account number.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
GeorgeRomas
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you for getting back to me @Dan_C

Have sent you a PM

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

What suburb are you in? Have you checked your expected NBN Date and Technology for your area?

The Optus network is due to be dismantelled in a year or two. They may connect you up but they may also decide the ROI isn't worth the call out. Fingers crossed. 

You may find the more recent 4G offerings from Optus surprisingly generous. Offering NBN speeds and 200-500Gb of data for under $80.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

He's got a few months off:

Planned to be available from

Apr-Jun 2019*

Planned technology

nbn™ Fibre to the Curb (FTTC)*

I think we'll be fine to go ahead with an Optus Cable connection. Then @GeorgeRomas can make the switch when the time comes. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

You're right about the new wireless offer.

Great alternative for those who can't jump onto Optus Cable or ADSL. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors