cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Cisco Upgrade wi-fi connectivity issues

I have a Cisco DPQ3212 Modem, no NBN access yet, but wonder if a newer modem might address my wi-fi connectivty issues brought on by new gadgets in the house that won't connect. Please advise

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Cisco Upgrade wi-fi connectivity issues

Hi - I take it you may be on HFC Cable with the Cisco modem. If so, recommend upgrade to NBN as soon as feasible - you will receive a replacement NBN Arris HFC Coax Modem and the Wi-Fi Enabled Optus Sagemcom F@ST 5366TN modem/gateway which will address your wired LAN and wireless connectivity issues with 2.4 Ghz for legacy devices and 5 Ghz for faster WiFi devices. If your accomodation requirements are of a short term nature, there are other options such as Optus Mobile Broadband Modems such as the Huawei B818 which has just been released. 

Whereas it may be possible to connect a WiFi enabled Access Point/Router to the Ethernet port of the Cisco, it is classified as  End-of-Life and End-of-Support by the manufacturer, so I would encourage you to adopt the newer available technology solutions. 

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the response. Yes on HFC system. NBN not yet available here. Street cable ducting went in last week. Melb East suburbs. Maybe I can get an upgraded Sagemcom 5366TN to replace Cisco from Optus whilst waiting. Was aware of EOL and support issue. 5G not in immediate area either. I'll call the Yes team. Tks
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey @geoffatk

If you're on our Cable service you should have a modem and separate router, if not then it's definitely an older setup. Our Tech Support team will be able to send the new modem out which you can then use as a router on your current connection, and then when NBN arrives you already have it there ready to go as well which can cut down on activation time depending on what needs to be done for the install - Aron