Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
New Contributor GavinH
New Contributor

Cisco SPA504G VOIP

I have just set up a VOIP service with Optus. I have a SagemCom F@st 3864OP modem and wondered if I could connect a Cisco SPA504G phone to it. The phone doesn't appear to have an RJ11 port to connect with the phone port on the router. When the phone is connected to an ethernet port it shows  the correct IP address.  Is it possible to connect via ethernet? New to VOIP.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

Re: Cisco SPA504G VOIP

I would say the VOIP service is attached to your modem. Dont think Optus supports BYO VOIP devices as Optus does not gives you the VOIP login details. 

Look for a RJ11 port on the modem and connect a standard telephone to it. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor GavinH
New Contributor

Thanks. I can see the RJ11 on the modem. Was hoping to use Cisco phone. 

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

if you search hard enough there are some guides to look for the VOIP details and use your own VOIP devices ... Do so at your own risk. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy