Searching...

Cisco DPQ3212 -Billion Bipack 7800 vdox can't be connected

zillah

Hi Experts

I am doing a test to different routers connecting them to a Cisco optus modem cable (not ADSL) DPQ3212.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/video/at_home/Cable_Modems/3200_Series/78-4019777-01_C.pdf

http://i46.tinypic.com/2nu3879.jpg

DrayTek VIGOR 2820 Vn working fine no problem
D-Link N300 working fine no problem
Billion Bipack 7800 vdox spending 2 days without any joy to let it work.

Connecting optus modem cable cisco DPQ3212 to a PC ,,,PC is getting public ip address , means modem doesn't do any NATting.

Cisco Optus modem cable DPQ3212 has very basic configuration (its ip address 192.168.100.1) and even we won't be able to modify it configuration.

Any clue how can I make Billion Bipack 7800 vdox work ?

Regards

Re: Cisco DPQ3212 -Billion Bipack 7800 vdox can't be connected

Ryan

Hey zillah - not sure why this particular router seems to be having issues. Have you managed to test it on a different connection to ensure it's in perfect working order? Would suggest calling Billion Support for futher support if you're still experiencing issues with this device.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

zillah

Hi

Yes it is working on ADSL, and I did change the router still the same problem and updated firmware still the same problem

Regards

crispi
Hi.

Am having the same issue with my new Billion router. Was there a fix to this?

Details are as follows.

Billion 7800 vdox
SB5101 cable modem
Connected with Ethernet cable via Ewan port using PPPoE as I was told by Optus. Username and password provided by Optus.

No internet connection. Nothing, Nada.

Was working just fine with my old Billion 6404vgp.

Have seen lots of issued online about Optus problems with DHCP. Am losing my mind trying to get this to work. Have dinner numerous power shut downs and recycles to no avail.

Please help.

Hollie

Hey crispi! 

Sounds like there may be some settings in your new Billion that might need changing to enable it to be used with Cisco router on our Network. Best to contact the router manufacturer about this. Just to confirm - if you plug your computer directly into the Cisco can you connect to the internet?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

crispi
Hollie
Thanks for the quick response.

The modem is not Cisco it's a very old
Motorola surfboard SB5101. According to manufacturer all I needed to find out from Optus was:
- whether I needed to set the router to PPPoE or IP Over Ethernet. Answer from Optus is PPPoE which then requires a username of "admin" and a password of "password", according to Optus.
- secondly, I needed to know whether Optus does any MAC or IP locking on these old model modems.

According to Billion it's a pretty simple install.

Is there someone from Optus, a network engineer, who can confirm what settings I am supposed to use with this old cable modem?

And the answer to your question about the PC, is, it did but now it doesn't. When i connect the PC i get "limited" network connection. I was on a call last night with level 1 who was supposed to call me back 1/2 hour later (after powering modem of and disconnecting everything and leading for 1/2 hour) but didn't. I have left everything shut down and will try it all again tonight.

I would really appreciate a call from one of your engineers in this. I suspect a faulty modem.

Crispi
Highlighted

Hollie

Thanks for the info crispi!

Did you end up chatting to our tech support team again regarding this? There shouldn't be any MAC or IP address locking on this modem as far as I'm aware. If you still need a hand let us know, if you have any reference numbers handy please provide these also so we can have a look into this further.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
87 Kudos
81 Kudos
61 Kudos
36 Kudos
35 Kudos