Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Jeremyb
New Contributor
New Contributor

Chromecast Wifi connection with Sagemcom F@ST3864V3HP router

Hi,

I can not setup the Chromecast (3rd generation GA00439 ) to connect to the Wifi networks (2.4Gh or 5Ghz) of the Sagemcom F@ST3864V3HP router.

I tried different combinations of configurations sum up below (with rebooting the router after each combination) but it did not help.

Can you help to configure the router to accept the network connection of the Chromecast?

Jeremyb_0-1577227400247.png

Jeremyb_1-1577227472606.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Mkrtich
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Chromecast Wifi connection with Sagemcom F@ST3864V3HP router

Hi - suggest you return Settings to Default and then start again. I think these are default.

Page 1 - Enable Wireless Only. [ Disable Wireless Hotspot 2.0 (this is a Public Wi-Fi standard) and Disable Wireless Multicast Forwarding] 

Page 2 - Enable IGMP Snooping , Enable Blocking Mode and Enable DHCP Server only.

When connecting Chromecast from your mobile device, I think Chromecast has to be on the same network as the mobile - recommend initially to choose the 2.4 Ghz to test as it is the stronger signal. What is the error you are getting when you attempt to connect? Does the TV screen Chromecast Network Settings show a Sagemcom Gateway, IP address, and DNS Servers for the Chromecast or does it say Unable to Connect?  

0 Kudos