Searching...
Highlighted

Chat transcripts not received

Marliu

Has anyone been having issues with not receiving live chat transcripts even after you log a request for a transcript to be sent to your email address at the end of the chat? I have been experiencing this issue since early September and wonder if this issue is being looked at by Optus. At the moment, I'm copying & pasting the chats for my records. I tried logging this issue today with Optus online chat and was told that I would receive the transcript at the end of the chat even though I explained several times that I have not been receiving transcripts since September!

Re: Chat transcripts not received

Yeldarb

Yes in recent months there have been many complaints about the chat transcript not coming through. Unknown to me til recently support staff do have access to the chat transcript. Any chance your email address is wrong or you are using a Yahoo account?

Davelew

I've had a couple of online charts in the last week and for both my chat transcript was emailed.  My email is Gmail and I wonder if the problem is just with one email provider.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Marliu

Hi Yeldarb

I have an optusnet.com.au email address and have been able to receive transcripts in the past with this email. I also have a Yahoo address but am not using it as there are current mail delivery problems between Optus/Yahoo! It's strange that I can't even receive mail from Optus sent to my optus email.

Yeldarb

Hmm the Yahoo issue was the only thought that came to mind. I can only suggest you persist with support and ask them yet again to provide the previous transcripts. Hopefully you will get someone who actually does what you ask them to do.

Marliu

Might try creating a Gmail account and see if I can get transcripts sent to that address. Thanks for all your suggestions.

Tris

Hey @Marliu, seems pretty strange considering you were receiving them in the past. Feel free to send me a PM with your full name, account number and DOB. I should be able to manually send out the previous chats, and if necessary raise an IT case

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

johngross

I'm glad to know that other Optus customers are having the same problem! I have been using online chats for some months now, and I don't know how often I have requested a transcript, but I have NEVER received one. I raised a complaint about this on 14th December, and have been chasing the support people off and on ever since, but it looks suspiciously as if they are deliberately stalling. I really, really want this function to work as it appears it's supposed to.

MikeP

I've had cause to livechat several times recently and haven't received any of the transcripts I've requested. I've got an Optusnet.com.au address. I've been checking Junk and Trash folders just in case.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
97 Kudos
89 Kudos
45 Kudos
35 Kudos
33 Kudos