Searching...
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Charged a unreasonable fees

Jea

I was applied for an $70 boardband service at the end of March through the Connectnow (which is a company helps you settle all service before you move). I did not sign the contract for this just through a call. A few days later, i didn’t received the modem and I can see that modem is sent back on the tracking record. I came to a optus shop to ask for this and i thought it’s too confused so I just want them to cancelled this order. The staff said okay and cancelled this for me. I thought it’s okay, but Monday I received an email that said the boardband service is actived. I felt so strange like why it’s actived without my authorization and I have communicated with them through online message . They haven’t solved my problem and ask me if I want to cancel this contract. I was afraid of any other extra fees so I cancelled it. And then they said that i need to pay $70 for early exit, i ask for the start date the the contract.m, he said it’s july of 2017. That is so stranged. I was opened this account at 2 months ago. And today I received the bill which is $170. I just want to get a reasonable explanation for this bill which i totally did not use for this service.

Solution

Re: Charged a unreasonable fees

petergdownload

Sounds a bit of a mess. Given your use of ConnectNow its possible while you cancelled the contract seperately you didn't inform them and so they resubmitted your contract order as asked? As you say it seems to have gotten quite confused. 

What does your bill actually say? It should itemise what you have been charged for (presumably one month of the plan and a cancellation fee?) Is there any mention of cancellation on the bill?

You'll need to step through with Optus directly again (LiveChat or Facebook). Find out what they say the status of your contract actually is. Has it been cancelled? And what exact fees are being charged and for what? You may not be able to avoid a cancellation fee on the contract but if you can say you requested the cancellation back in March you shouldn't have to pay any monthlyu plan fees.

Perhaps contact ConnectNow and ask them what records they have on their dealings with Optus on your behalf?

Peter Gillespie

Jea

This bill contains $2.3 one day use fees for the day I received the email for activation day 10th of June then just cancelled it right way, $99 start up fees on the same day and the $67 cancellation fees .

They said it’s now being cancelled and it’s cancelled on 10th of June. They cannot access any information of this account now. But I went into the shop for cancellation at the end of March.

And I did not received the modem how can it possible to active the service.

Solution

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

So those all seem fairly standard. A sign up fee and a cancellation fee. I'm not sure what more explanation you can get? You have essentially changed your mind on the purchase so veering from the conractual obligations is generally up to Optus. You should get in touch with Optus directly and perhaps a staffer will agree some or all of it should be refunded (1 day subscription, no modem supplied). 

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
75 Kudos
52 Kudos
50 Kudos
30 Kudos
20 Kudos