cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor coastalmc
Occasional Contributor

Changing LAN Address on F@ST 5366 TN

Today I received a new 5366TN as a replacement for a broken 3864. I am unable to change the default LAN address from 192.168.0.1 . The fields are available under Modem Settings to edit and after clicking apply a message is provided confirming that settings have changed however the changes are not saved.

This makes this device completely useless as I have a significant number of devices on the wired network and I am not prepared to change the IP addresses of all of those devices because of a shortcoming in the new Optus provided device.

In the mean time I have purchased my own modem so that I have service without dropouts however the Optus provided device should provide this functionality. What does Optus plan to do to fix this problem?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Changing LAN Address on F@ST 5366 TN

I had no problem changing it to 192.168.50.1 (on firmware version SG4Y1T000085 ).

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, I need to change to 10.100.11.1 that one does not work!
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@coastalmc wrote:
Thanks, I need to change to 10.100.11.1 that one does not work!

No problem for that either.

You need to make sure to change the DHCP range as well as it won't automatically change to 10.100.11.x when you change the IP address.

Note that I've had to press apply twice before I got the "Are you sure?" prompt.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, I am aware of the DHCP settings and also need to setup 30 odd reservations as well. Going to stick with the vr600 that I purchased for the moment. Sad thing is I only asked Optus to replace the device because I lost the phone line moving to the vr600. Don’t actually need it however found out that the one thing that does require a phone line is the foxtel iq2 - never considered that in the equation. The device I have now has not hung or crashed once since installation works like a treat. Guess I will be waiting for Optus to work out a firmware fix in the meantime the “new” device will gather some dust!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Can you check what firmware version you are on. That IP bug was fixed in SG4Y1T000085 .

If you are on a lower version, try to force an update by switching it off, make sure its plugged into the internet, then switch it back on, and wait a couple of minutes and then check the version.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @YetAnotherAcc  - current version on the firmware is SG4Y1T000031 so not the most current, tried to get it connected via the WAN port but no action there. Will have to wait for an appropriate moment to take out the internet and connect the new device - I do hope for the effort that the auto update does in fact work!

Your response is much appreciated and I will post to let you know how I get on

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If you currently don't have any devices with 192.168.0.1 (which it does not sound like you have), just plug the 5366's WAN port into one of the VR600 LAN ports  (assuming you have a free port) and leave it on overnight. With a bit of luck the update will be pushed out in the wee hours of the morning as long it it has internet access.

Hey @Dan_C here is something to add to the todo list. The 5366 need an option to check/update firmware on demand so that we don't have to waste time playing these silly games trying to get updates.

Occasional Contributor

@YetAnotherAcc  Thanks - connected 5366 TN to the internet and after a number of reboots it has updated and is now configured and back on as the main device. Your assistance here most helpful - I am sure there will be further updates to the firmware however now m immediate issues are resolved. Champion!

0 Kudos