Searching...

Changing Credit Card details

Cosmos

I can not find a way to change my credit card details online.

I need to update a different credit card for auto payment of my my monthly bills.

I have been everywhere in 'My Account' and in Billing & Payments -> Set Up Direct Payments -> Stored Credit or Debit Cards it just keeps saying you have no stored cards.

The Optus automated voice message says you can change your direct debits by going to www.optus.com.au/directdebits but this is an invalid URL.

Twice I have negotiated through a very long winded menu system to try and speak to someone.  I waited over an hour each time then got disconnected.

Optus this is very poor service.

Re: Changing Credit Card details

Dan_C

@Cosmos, what type of service do you have? By any chance, do you have an Optus Cable broadband service?

The Optus Cable Network (i.e. Cable Home Phone, Optus TV feat. Foxtel and or Cable Broadband) uses a different billing system to most of our other services. So some functions within My Account will operate a bit differently to your other services in My Account, including:

• Live or unbilled usage is limited to Cable Broadband usage only
  • Adding, changing or removing direct debit can only be requested via a form
  • Payment history is available only for payments made via www.optus.com.au/paymybill
  • Online bill summaries and balances won't show in the My Account dashboard but can be seen by downloading your full bill as a PDF from My Account

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Cosmos

Hi Dan,

thank you for your reply.

I use the Optus Cable Broadband service which includes internet, home phone and fetch TV.

It seems you are correct in saying the options available vary depending on what type of service you have.

On my third attempt I eventaully got through after an hour delay to a helpful girl who updated my new credit card details over the phone.  This was the only way to do this change.

Optus seem to have a very disjointed billing system, it does not seem logical that some things can only be done in 'My Account' depending on the type of service you subscribe to.

Optus should make this clear in the online and voicemail information they give to customers, It's not covered in the FAQ either, I wasted a lot of time on this and I am sure I am not the only one.

Highlighted

Deckman-1

As an Optus customer of over 17 yrs it is truly disappointing that the billing system STILL can't seem to accommodate a simple credit card edit for example to reflect the new expiry date of an exisating card. I have direct debit with some half dozen institutions. All of them have a simple process which takes less than 45 seconds online to achieve.

I have searched and searched the "Yes Crowd" for a plausible answer...  lots of useless commentary but no helpful advice!

After multiple futile log-ins  to My Account looking for tricky links and exasperated resorting to the phone, where I have waited a total of 2 1/2 hrs on the line after several attempts with no result. The online "chat" session was inconclusive and ended with a 13xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  phone number which I called only to have yet another recorded voice tell me that the "team" could only be contacted in business hours.

Does anybody, anybody in Optus take responsibility for these issues these days?

It's a sad reflection on the company culture ...if you can't get this stuff sorted, how do you expect to plan for complex decisions on the future? The whole website is geared towards "selling stuff"...but very little in actually "listening" and serving the customer..

If you can't make such simple changes online without speaking to a "real" person...then for goodness sake make it clear!!

An alternative provider is looking more attractive...  sorry Optus!

Dan_C

@Deckman-1, your comment is completely valid. I'm sorry that you've had such a tough time sorting out something that should really be quite simple.

As we've outlined above; My Account functionality is limited for our Cable broadband customers.

Cable broadband is provisioned, serviced and billed through a legacy system. 

I completely get that it's a very old school method, but if you're an cable customer you'll need fill out the direct debit form below:

http://www.optus.com.au/dafiles/OCA/RightNowImages/directdebitform-2017.pdf

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Cosmos

Hi Deckman-1 Thank you for your comments I was beginning to think I was the only one with these issues.  You have summed it very well, I agree entirely with all your points, well said.  Lets hope this information many save some other customer from wasting their time.

Insane

I wish I had read this thread prior to sending myself insane attempting to change CC details online and trying to find a number to call where I could actually talk to a person and not be redirected online.  Extremely unimpressed!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
78 Kudos
68 Kudos
52 Kudos
41 Kudos
25 Kudos