Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Mum
New Contributor

Change password on Optus WiFi modem

Hi,

I would like to change the password on my Optus WiFi modum to stop my ex using it when my son takes it to his house.

I thought it would be a simple process but I can't seem to do it anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
RetiredModerator Ryan
RetiredModerator

Re: Change password on Optus WiFi modem

Hi Mum - you can perform this action via your Member Service page once logged in to your account, this option will be on the left-hand side of your page. If you're still experiencing issues in changing your password then perhaps give our techies a call on 131344 who'll gladly make this change for you 🙂

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor TheWater-Boy
New Contributor

Hi Ryan. Where exactly on the left-hand side would I find out how to change the password? Your comment of it being on the left-hand side was not at all helpful. Thanks.
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Pete
RetiredModerator

The TheWater-Boy, what type of modem are you using? We'll check into this for you - Pete

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor poaten1
New Contributor

cannot access 198. etc       will not accept to enable me to change my wifi pass word

thanks

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Nghi
RetiredModerator

That's really strange poaten1 😞 Can you reboot modem and try again? Which modem do you have? Just to confirm you are trying to access 192.168.0.1 ?

0 Kudos
New Contributor ronzakasbaryan
New Contributor

I need to change optus modem to new modem  but its not accept my username and password so i need to tell me how i can connect the new modem to the wifi 

0 Kudos
New Contributor ronzakasbaryan
New Contributor

I need to change optus modem to new modem  but its not accept my username and password so i need to tell me how i can connect the new modem to the wifi 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Hey @ronzakasbaryan, if you're trying to log into the modem, generally speaking most modem username and passwords by default are admin admin or admin password but this should be in the welcome kit provided with it. To connect to the WiFi you would need to search for the SSID (username of the modem) usually these would be something generic like the brand of modem and numbers after it (this should be on a sticker on the modem or on some documentation) you then need to find the password/ passphrase which should be on the same documentation. You should also be able to log into the modem by plugging your computer directly in via Ethernet connection.

Once you are logged into the modem, most will take you through a set up wizard and ask for your internet username and password which is your OptusNet email address and password.

Let us know if you still need a hand with this.

0 Kudos
New Contributor faye17
New Contributor

Hi, 

I can't seem to be able to change my password from this page. Can you ellaborate on the process please. 

0 Kudos