cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Change credit card details for direct debit

I logged into my account trying to change my credit card details for direct debit but could not find my way to the the payment option as given on the optus.com.au/directdebit link. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Change credit card details for direct debit

Hey @Lee, you'd need to click on the 'view details' tab. That's right underneath the section of your dashboard where your balance is displayed. 

Within the next menu screen, there's a 'Billing & Payments' tab. 

Under ON MY CURRENT SERVICE I WANT TO...

Click: Setup direct debit or schedule payments.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

You can't update your credit card details online  for an optus broadband cable service, you have to ring their number  133937 and go through a telephone robot trying to find option that actually goes to a person and then wait 20mins to talk with someone.

I recently had to update credit card expiry with six companies and only optus failed to have this as easy online option and optus took me ten times as long to update.  They offer this for mobile accounts but not the internet and I have seen compliants going back to 2014. 

Its time the modernised their billing system or combined it into the moble one and treat us like one customer.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Yes I went through the whole process myself - ringing website online chat.  Eventually I went to an Optus shop and was told there was no option to change credit card details online for the internet/ TV services. The only way is to submit a paper form by slow mail.  How 1970's!  Even though there is a website for apply/ change/ delete payment by direct debit. Totally misleading!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

This does not work for Cable internet.  See mikedevans and my replies.  Optus has to do something about this archaic paper based system for updating credit card information. 

0 Kudos