cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Mitchryder
New Contributor

Change IP Range on Netgear CG3000

Hi, I have Optus cable on a Netgear CG3000 v2 and need to change the LAN range of my private network. By default the LAN IP Range is 192.168.0.x but this conflicts with my work IP Range and I get up conflicts when connected by vpn.

To avoid these IP conflicts I'd like to change the LAN IP to something like 192.168.23.x (still a valid private class C IP Range). When I contacted Optus I spent 3 hours on the phone trying to explain what I wanted to do and they continually told me that I can't change my public ip as it's dynamic, i.e. completely misunderstood my request. I gave up after 5 techs, 4 phone calls and 3 hours 

Basically when I go to the modem/router LAN IP page and try to change it I get the message "LAN IP and starting IP must be in the same network segment" this is in reference to the starting IP of the dhcp range which is managed on the same page. Unfortunately the dhcp values are not able to be changed (only the last value of the IP Range can be changed not and of the other IP segments).

How do I change my internal private network IP Range on a CG3000?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Change IP Range on Netgear CG3000

You need to change the LAN IP first then change the DHCP settings second. Just make sure you do this via ethernet and hard set your PC on an IP in the subnet you plan to use to do the next steps.

note: tech support won’t support you through this change as it’s beyond the scope of what they do. 

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Mitchryder
New Contributor

Re: Change IP Range on Netgear CG3000

Thanks, however when I try to change the LAN IP I get the error "LAN IP and starting IP must be in the same network segment", hence my issue I'm unable to change my LAN IP. 

Is there something I'm missing?

0 Kudos
Top Contributors