cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor hestera
New Contributor

Change Direct Debit Details

I'm trying to update the direct debit account details for my Broadband account, and the instructions on the Optus Support pages keeps telling me that there will be a direct debit button under 'My Bills' or to following the prompts under Billing, neither of which is correct (no such option exists).  The best I can find is a form to print out for direct debit, however, I already have this set up, I just want to change the account number.  This really seems unnecessarily complex (like so much of the online management of Optus accounts), ironically my ISP is the only company I'm having trouble with updating details online (and the only one that I cannot e-mail / lodge a support ticket with online).  Could someone please advise the correct location of updating these details online.  Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Moderator Tris

Re: Change Direct Debit Details

Hi @hestera not all services have this functionality via My Account, sounds like you may have a cable service. If you wanted to update your direct debit details, you'd need to call the Customer Service team on 133937. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor vanskirby
New Contributor

It would be handy for this bit of information to also be available, instead of only within a forum.

I too have spent half an hour trawling the website (back and forth) only to end up here.

Having ALL the appropirate information in the search parameters would save a lot of angst.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Geoffa56
Occasional Contributor

2 years on from original email and the misleading web page information still frustrating users. Has Optus thought about correctibg the information.

Come on Optus, we should not have to phone a call centre to change direct debit information. 

Even Vodafone is better than you guys....

0 Kudos