cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Nomilktoday123
New Contributor
New Contributor

Caught a man damaged cable multiple times and Optus is not cooperative for police investigation

My home telephone/internet cable outside the house has been repeatedly vandalised over 1year, during my internet was down my then home security system could not record the break and enter incident and some valuables were stolen. Sooj after the home invasion, I upgraded home security system that does mot require internet connection and my CCTV caught a man cutting outside cable buried in my front yard. Optus tech turned up and found the cable was digged out and cut. Few days after the repair, the same man appeared in my CCTV and vandalised my repaired cable again. I then reported to the police. The police recognised the man and prepare for lay charges of malicious damage.
The police has one issue that the owner of the damaged cable belongs to Optus, not me and require Optus to provide a simple statement that optus owns a cable that provides telephone/internet service to my house.
Optus has been very unhelpful to
Police investigation by not providing such statement. I am deaparate to find out any connection bewtween the man vandalised cable multiple times and home invasion.
Police just want a simple statement from Optus that optus owns the cable that optus responded to repair the damage and re-install the cable after the most recent damage was so severe and it was beyond the repair and had to re-install a brand new cable.
Please anyonw know where and how to obtain Optus's letter.
Everytime I called customer service, the operator from overseas doesn't seem to understand or the manager in Aus does not wish to cooperate.
Please help!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steven_YC

Re: Caught a man damaged cable multiple times and Optus is not cooperative for police investigation

Hey @Nomilktoday123 - I'm glad the perpetrator was caught in this ongoing investigation.

I'm sorry to hear though that there has been troubles with obtaining some information from us. 

The Police will have a direct contact with our Legal team whom can confirm this and send out reports advising that we do own the cable (If this is ours). It's not something a general team or member are able to identify or make a statement on. They will need to send it from their side and request the information and our teams will liaise directly with them.

If you continue to have problems, you can get into contact with our Feedbacks and Complaints team  who can draft up documents or source the correct channels for you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Caught a man damaged cable multiple times and Optus is not cooperative for police investigation

If you have NBN then its NBN Co that own the cables, not Optus, so you can try to go to NBN Co directly if Optus are not being helpful.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors