Searching...

Re: Carlingford Exchange Upgrade

FixItNow

and after 50 mins on the phone without an answer, I'm advised that the customer service department is now closed at 7:37p.m.

8a.m. to 8p.m. I was told by the Optus rep. What a load of crap.

[ Edited ]
mmaslen

Last Result:
Download Speed: 18824 kbps (2353 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 512 kbps (64 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 14 ms
Jitter: 2 ms
6 August 2015 7:01:22 am AEST

this is in 'off peak' times... 

Case Management team @Dan_DS  has not bothered to reach out.

time to look to Telstra

Dan_DS

Sorry you were given the wrong info @FixItNow, the Customer Service team is open 8am-7pm weekdays, and 9am-5pm on Saturday.  I had your details from a previous discussion so I've fixed up that speed pack for you now. It seems a few speedpacks may have dropped off in the past 2 days, I'm still investigating what's happened as the system didn't show any changes to the actual set up of the pack. Apologies for the inconvenience Smiley Sad 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Dan_DS

@mmaslen Thanks for the chat, I'll speak to you again later and I've emailed the Case Management team again to try get your callback moved up in the queue

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

FixItNow

and here we go again.

Dropouts. 100M service at 0.2M and again unusable.

Tech support (a.k.a non-technical and no support) tell me there is no congestion, no service issues and that I should wait.

Wait for what? For no congestion or no service issues to be resolved?

If there is nothing wrong WHAT THE F AM I WAITING FOR ????????????

Nghi

Hey FixItNow, your area was recently upgraded in July 2015 however you are still experiencing peak time slows. Our Network team is currently monitoring your area/CMTS (Carlingford 1) and planning future upgrades. At the moment there is no firm ETA on when those upgrades will be completed.

FixItNow

I agree with your note that there are still slowdowns at night.

Up until yesterday (Sunday) these were tolerable (100M service at around 30-40M at peak times).

As of around 5pm yesterday (after a week of stable happy use), 100M became 0.2M-12M with wild fluctuations and constant service dropouts i.e. no service whatsoever.

It's actually worse than what it was before "the upgrade".

It is dumbfounding to believe that an "upgrade" can actually acheive a worse state than pre-change but optus continue to lift the bar on dumbfounding their customers.

Can I suggest you look at what was happening before 5pm Sunday, return it to what it was doing, and then stop "fixing" it.

Can I also suggest that someone clearly communicates to the "tech support" people what is going on because they have absolutely no effing idea what they are talking about.

I cringe every time I am forced by a failure on optus' part to have a useless circular conversation with the only outcome being a further reduction in satisfaction in optus (noting it's been negative for months).

As the most recent example of incompetence, I find myself asking optus to restore my cancelled internet service.

Why you may ask?

Apparently according to optus I have formally advised them I have moved house.

As I have not moved house in the last 15 years and have no intention of doing for at least the next 10 years I can only assume the process has broken down yet again.

Want a account holder name change ?

In less than a week:

Cable TV turned off.

Cable internet turned off (twice - once because optus tells me I was moving house)

Cable TV downgraded from premium to basic.

No-one at optus on any of these 3 occasions could explain to me why. More pointless hours on the phone dealing with ignorants...

and before I forget...

After ordering netflix from optus 5 weeks ago, I find out that optus have dropped the ball again and not yet sent a request for a netflix activation code (14 days from order I was told).

To find this out, I had to have both netflix and optus on 2 simultaneous phonecalls and sort out the debacle myself. Of course this is after nearly an hour of pointless circular conversations with optus "support" absolutely mandating they were waiting for netflix.

After clearly identifying that netflix were not the holdup I am told by optus they were more than happy to send the request and I could wait another 2 weeks ??? really ??? that's customer service???

the result ?

It was easier, faster, and less stressful to get a refund from optus (this only took 30minutes) and deal directly with netflix. Took me less than 5 minutes to deal with the highly efficient netflix crew to get activated.

14 days optus - wtf ? and you failed after more than 30 days? and the customer had to activate the service for you? Sensational effort there !

If that doesn't provide a perfect example of how low customer service has sunk at optus, I don't know what.

FixItNow

So noting that there is congestion issues I'm now seeing a signal to noise ratio on channel 8 at 6553.5dB.

Noting that "normal" SNR is between 37 and 55dB one could wildly assume there is a downstream cable problem.

Funny that I am told there is no fault found.

Any ideas moderators ?

FixItNow

|                       Host              -   %      | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst   | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|--------|--------|--------|--------|---------|--------|
|                      10.72.0.1 -         1       | 5821 | 5820 |    0   |   17   | 1841  |   20  |

1841ms ping - gotta be a new record.

Highlighted

Nghi

If there is a problem with signal being sent to premises then it will need to be raised with faults and investigated. A tech might be required to check drop cable from pole and modem. It won't resolve the peak time slows in your area though as that will need to be addressed with a hardware upgrade at CMTS or to backhaul links.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
79 Kudos
78 Kudos
52 Kudos
42 Kudos
31 Kudos