Searching...
Highlighted

Re: Carlingford Exchange Upgrade

bmstenner117

Well said @FixItNow

I am unsure what node I am on but my speeds are still well below the previous rate I was on.

My only indicator of change is I upgraded to FetchTV with the unlimited plan 6 weeks ago - it appears like being on this plan equals being on a certain speed profile.

mmaslen

131344 with a 30min wait it is then. great customer service @Dan_DS

[ Edited ]
mmaslen

Tech support (nice chap) told me there was recognised "congestion" at Carlingford 1 during July. He also said  they are working on resolving this (upgrading capacity on Carlingford 1) by "second week" of August 2015.

@Dan_DS this contradicts what you stated earlier.   No wonder customers are unimpressed.

Dan_DS

I sit about 5 metres from the Network team @mmaslen. I can only go by the information they give me as it's their role to monitor, repair and upgrade network components; the information they've provided shows that the Carlingford 1 CMTS has been upgraded, but Carlingford 2 is not yet finished.

I've checked your individual service and can tell you with absolute confidence that the upgrade has been completed for you. Do you have the name of the agent you spoke to? I'm interested to know if he was looking at Carlingford 2 and not Carlingford 1 which you are connected to.

Can you please run some speedtests using this link → Optus Speedtest. If you're still experiencing an issue we can get our Case Management team to investigate with you, have you got any reference numbers from previous fault reports?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

mmaslen

@Dan_DS   The agent I spoke to was: "Kartik". He point blank refused to give me a reference number for my fault report I called about last night.

I can run speedtests *now* (2:20pm AEST) , but it's an off-peak time. At least it will show you what the performance *should be*:

Last Result:
Download Speed: 81130 kbps (10141.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 1306 kbps (163.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 10 ms
5 August 2015 2:27:19 pm AEST

I will re-run this tonight to illustrate the difference.

Dan_DS

Thanks for that @mmaslen, I'll follow up with Kartik and his TL to make sure they're sourcing the correct information. I definitely appreciate how the mixed messages would be frustrating Smiley Sad If you can please run a few speed tests tonight, that gives me some data to take back to the Network team if you're still getting slow speeds. Let me know how you go and I'll follow up with you tomorrow

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

mmaslen

And yes, I am still experiencing issues. Please get your "case management" team to contact me. thanks.

Dan_DS

I've just sent you a private message @mmaslen. Case Management will be in touch in the next 24-48 hours

FixItNow

and yet another example of plain incompetence.

100M service which was active last week is now inactive and limited to 30M.

No-one seems to know why it was changed or how to fix it.

40 mins waiting on the phone so far on my 4th call in less than 24 hours.

This service is a joke.

mmaslen

I'm performing (regular) speedtests - I'll share them once i've been contacted

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
78 Kudos
68 Kudos
52 Kudos
41 Kudos
25 Kudos