Searching...

Carlingford Exchange Upgrade

simwin

Hi,

After months of waiting the supposed upgrade to the Carlingford cable exchange was said to be completed by 1st July or 15th July. After a couple of dropouts overnight around the 15th (they do the upgrades overnight) the internet speed is still as slow as it was before and there is no indication or confirmation that an upgrade has occured.

I just read in a similar thread that they upgraded an exchange on the 15th but it caused problems so they need to do further work on it :\

Can someone tell me what's going on and give us an indication on how many more months we need to wait to get fully functioning internet and speeds.

Thank you.

Re: Carlingford Exchange Upgrade

bmstenner117

I'm waiting for the same upgrade in Carlingford, I upgraded to the $90 ent bundle and it's never been more relatable to a heap of steaming proverbial - I had the offer to ask for a credit and didn't bother.

I was told end of July but could change yada yada.

Optus let's make it happen! 

FixItNow

In which thread was it mentioned that Carlingford upgrade was stuffed ? I'm on that node also - its actually got worse since they "fixed" it.

FixItNow

It was going to be fixed mid-June

which became end June

which became mid-July

which now appears to be end July

...which could be mid-August...

or sometime in the future when they switch off the Netflix packet shaping crap they turned on (yeah right)...

bmstenner117

Looks like we're the Optus dream team... maybe the dreaming team of getting this fixed

At least we can all have a beer together...

mmaslen

Carlingford exchange - this is what i'm paying $100 a month for cable internet + speed pack??

Test Date: 18 Jul 2015 7:57 pm
Download: 3.87 Mbps
Upload: 0.97 Mbps
Ping: 24 ms

Awful Smiley Sad

[ Edited ]
bmstenner117

I hear you buddy

http://speedtest.syd.optusnet.com.au/

Auto select server

Last Result:
Download Speed: 3959 kbps (494.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 901 kbps (112.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 50 ms
Jitter: 68 ms
Packet Loss: -1%
7/18/2015, 8:22:33 PM

How good is Fetch when it pauses every few minutes to buffer! Joy!

Tris

Hi guys, we're still expecting upgrades to the Carlingford node to be completed sometime this month. I am sorry it's been pushed back in the past, can assure you the Networks guys are working to have necessary work completed ASAP 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
bmstenner117

Hi Tris,

Have the works commenced yet?

Thanks,

Brendan.

FixItNow

According to the outage page.

If you're on cable - under investigation (after 3 months I suppose this is loosely construed as progress) - still no idea what's going on.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
78 Kudos
66 Kudos
52 Kudos
41 Kudos
24 Kudos