Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
lturner2306
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Cant send emails through outlook and on samsung phone

I seemed to have lost the ability to send emails on my PC (Outlook) and my Samsung phone (outlook).  

I have reset all the options.

imap

using default settings

incoming port 143

outgoing (smtp) 25.

I can still use webmail at optus with no problem.

Gmail - no problem

Incoming emails still active and no problems.

Just sending email  - receiving error message 0x80042109

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Jack_YC

Re: Cant send emails through outlook and on samsung phone

Hi @lturner2306, it's not good to see you're experiencing these issues with your emails. I recommend checking our Email Applications Settings Guide to make sure you have the correct settings for the platforms you're using.

If you continue to experience any difficulties after checking your settings, I suggest sending our Technical Team a message via the My Optus App or our Messaging page. They'll be able to assist further from there. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@Jack_YCCould be related to the Optus email issues that occurred last week.

0 Kudos
lturner2306
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Im hoping that it is...I have gmail and bigpond email accounts on my PC and phone and they are working fine...Its not a problem caused by my firewall or virus protectors..I just hope, optus sends me some info as I still can receive emails ...
0 Kudos
humby66
New Contributor
New Contributor

Having same problem with Outlook here. Incoming mail fine, outgoing email not connecting to SMTP server. No change to the settings, and it was working earlier this week. Hoping it is just a passing server-side issue.

0 Kudos
Kartika

Hi @humby66, are you able to send emails via webmail directly → webmail login ? If you are then it confirms it is the Outlook settings that you need to double check. Please refer to our → Optusnet email support page to make sure all settings for your Outlook matches. 

If the issue still continues then you are best to speak with our Technical Support team via the →  messaging service to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
humby66
New Contributor
New Contributor

Webmail works fine. However, have also noted that iPhone is having the same problem, but only when connected to home WiFi (same as laptop). If disconnected from WiFi and using 4G, mail functions are just fine, sending and receiving. So, I guess the router or NBN might be the issue, somehow blocking outgoing emails. Having said that, I have also not made any changes to the router settings.

0 Kudos
Kartika

Thanks for trying all troubleshooting @humby66. In that case you are best to speak with our Technical Support team directly as advised above to help you with your Optus NBN modem settings. Since this is a public forum we can`t access customers account details here.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
lturner2306
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have pinpointed the problem to the router ....following a post, I disabled the wi-fi and found that emails sent without a problem(sending emails via 4g on the phone and hotspotting my PC to the phone as well). 

I have not changed any settings on the router.  Can anyone provide a step by step process to reset or re-configure the router settings?

0 Kudos
Jack_YC

Hey @lturner2306, I recommend checking our Home Broadband modem/WiFi username & password guide as that will provide you with some more info on how to change your settings. 

If you select the 'Access Your Modem / Router Configuration Settings' option in that guide, that will bring up the steps for each of our different modems. There's also instructions in that guide on how to perform a factory reset. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.