Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Cant get internet even with an active phone line

NBN and Optus are stopping me getting an internet service

TODAY I AM UNABLE TO GET ANY INTERNET TO MY UNIT EVEN THOUGH I HAVE AN ACTIVE PHONE LINE TO THE UNIT. WHY CAN I NOT GET INTERNET FROM ANYONE? MUST I WAIT UNTIL 2020 TO GET AN INTERNET SERVICE FROM THE NBN?

I want to get Optus internet and am having a major problem getting anyone to get it going.

I placed an Optus order for ADSL bundle, Order no. 62459210. However I was advised that Telstra had sold its infrastructure to NBN so my Optus ADSL order was cancelled

However then to my surprise on 15/9/17 a Tandem technician turned up to connect the NBN. He installed an NBN phone line to the unit complex's main distribution frame (MDF) but the cable to my unit was "open" (ie broken) so he was not able to get the unit phone working

I engaged the telecommunication contractor for the building, Suncoast Communications, to fix the phone line and he did.

Suncoast Communications did the following work to my unit 

20 Sep 17,, 1130 to 1200 Visit site Unit 300 and find cabling in wall behind lounge. Repair

broken cable and test NBN connected on pair 2 from Telstra lead in cable xxxxxx is the

1 x wall plate

So I have a Telstra phone line xxxxxxxxx connected and tested to my unit. However because the NBN guy didn’t finish the connection to my unit and put that information into the NBN data system, NBN and Optus seem unable to engage to connect the internet

I am frustrated having an active phone line connected and tested so that we know it works and yet noone can seem to get any form of internet connected.

I would prefer the NBN but ADSL would be better than nothing so either is OK

I placed another order with Optus order number 63009487 for the provision of ADSL to the unit. This Optus ADSL order was cancelled on 10/10/17 reference 812543979 because Optus could not supply internet even ADSL to the unit. 

Can someone at Optus please help me get the internet to my unit?

I am quite happy to discuss this issue with anyone in the hope of getting service.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Cant get internet even with an active phone line

Hi @Garry2020,

Once NBN is available in your area, Optus will not supply a new ADSL service.

You next steps are:

1. Somehow contact NBNCo, advise you history and try to get them to make your unit "NBN Ready"
  2. If your choice is to use Optus, then maybe go to an Optus Store and talk to the manager to see if they can assist.  Unfortunately, you will have to find someone to own it, as they will need to go to battle with NBNCo to complete their work.

It will get fixed eventually, the issue is trying to get it fixed in a suitable timeframe.