Searching...

Cant forward ports on Netgear WCVG CG3000v2

Rev_Mitch

Just got a new modem cause my old cisco modm wont allow port fowarding, so i log into the modem and forward the port 25565 for my minecraft server and make sure my firewall also alows that port. so i go and check th see if the port is open its still closed at the gateway. i call Optus customer service and they are useless saying they have not been trained in that part of technical services. all they want me to do is go to a private company to get my ports fowarded. Now ive done all the proper fowarding of the ports on the modem and firewall but the gateway is still blocking it. I have the Netgear CG3000v2 modem with my two computers plugged directly into the Lan ports of the modem, and i am rtunning Windows 8.1 on both machines.anyone got any ideas on how to fix this as im ready to jump ship to another isp.

Re: Cant forward ports on Netgear WCVG CG3000v2

[ Edited ]
Julz

Hey Rev - I can confirm that it is possible via the management console however it's quite complex & therefore we won't support the set up of this facility. I found this link which has some instructions which you can use as a guide. If you're unable to configure it then we'd recommend the use of Premium Home Services who will be able to do this for you.

You can access Port Forwarding optus under Advanced > Firewall Rules. You may need to set-up a static IP for your compter. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

SlayerTip

Port forwarding is useless with Optus firmware/software on the CG3000v2... i tried port forwarding a hundred times, and i got my friend to try aswell, and he's a networking master,... nothing... optus, fix this up otherwise youll lose 50% of your customer base.

Rev_Mitch

had  a lok at the link you supp;id its for the CG3000 not the CG3000v2, but i have done the port fowarding properly as i explained in my original post. thats not the problem. I have talked to Optus technical services (useless idiots) who just say i dont know how to port foward and keep trying to put me onto a paid service to fix the problem. I have also talked to netgear and according to them i have done exactly the right things to port foward through the modem, but it is still being blocked somewhere down the line.i am going to rty one more time with Optus technical today then im cancelliong my account and going to another ISP.

Howksy

Hey mate,

I recently signed up to optus cable with the CG3000v2 modem.

Constantly experiencing Xbox Live dropouts.

There are NO NAT settings on the modem under Advanced setup>WAN setup.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? And were you able to rectify the Xbox Live dropouts?

Thanks.

Rev_Mitch

no i was unable to rectify the problem, and ended having to but a new modem with router that let me port forward properly.

daveysmallz

Just out of interest, what modem did you end up going with?

I'm currently trying to forward ports for XBOX ONE and getting nowhere...

Rev_Mitch

bought a Dlink dsl 2730b have no problems now

daveysmallz

Cool. Question though, how are you running a DSL modem with a cable connection?

Thanks!

Rev_Mitch

lol i havent been with optus for a long while now moved house several times am with iprimus now

Post a Reply
Introducing the Optus Business Care hub

Here you’ll find a complete suite of help and support exclusively for our small and medium business customers. Read More

Top Contributors
16 Kudos
10 Kudos
8 Kudos
6 Kudos
5 Kudos