cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
RetiredModerator Steph_C
RetiredModerator

Re: Cannot setup direct debit for broadband bill

To clarify @oz1siiam are you having issues changing your direct debit info? If so can you please send us through a PM with your full name, DOB and account info so we can get this sorted for you?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Fairlyannoyed
New Contributor

How is that testing and roll outfor on-line direct debit going? I have Optus bundled accounts in Queensland and Tasmania. The one in Tasmania includes an Optus mobile and Optus NBN cable an Fetch TV - no problem setting up direct debit on-line for that one. The one in Queensland is essentially identical but without a  mobile - setting up direct debit for that one requires that I print out a form and then mail it to Optus.

1. Does Optus understand why that seems kind of dumb?.

2. Does Optus feel even slightly embarrassed about cancelling BPayView where customers already had automatic notifications and the ability to set up autopay arrangements on line in minimal time while having the added convenience of keeping all billing records in one place.

3. How come I can still use BPayView with my Telstra account?

4. No, I really don't want to speak with a Customer Service representative as I am already Fairlyannoyed.

Occasional Contributor oz1siiam
Occasional Contributor

no, not an active one.

I posted my form in twice. And it is still not set up.

0 Kudos
New Contributor jnin
New Contributor

Yes. Your support is hopeless! I spend 15 mins on the phone with the answering machine and I was not getting anywhere.

Then I start chatting with someone and asked him to call me only to tell me that ALL services for broadband are closed on Sunday!

This is redicilous. Also 4G coverage is hopeless on my phone! Vodaphone is heaps better. I have 1 year remaining with you guys! I dont think you will see me again after that!

0 Kudos
New Contributor Martin4
New Contributor

So, three months later?

Wrong "advise" on the phone, "go to optus.com.au/directdebit" bla bla, nothing changed.

You even misspelled my service name, I wrote two messages (will be solved in 3-4 business days), nothing changed. Your help pages say call, I call, there is no such option for name change, you send me thru some menues, then the call is terminated and you receive an SMS with a link to go to the same page that suggested you have to call ...

So pathetic, so poor,I saw a lot, Oz providers beat it all!!!!!

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor jcr67
Occasional Contributor

Seriously Optus, is it still not possible to set up a direct debit for broadband via the website? This is absurd.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator JordanOptus
RetiredModerator

Hey jcr67 as Toomey and Shae have mentioned, our broadband services work on an older account system that stops us from setting it up online. I know it's painful and seemingly tedious, but this will all change once the new system has fully rolled out. You can also set up direct debit via Live Chat too.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I just tried that.

Chat rep says 'no'.

I can't sit in your phone queue while at work.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Oh no 😞 If that's the case, you will need to give our Customer Care team a call on 133 937 when you have a free moment so we can get this arranged for you.

Alternatively, we do have a manual form for the set up of direct debit HERE.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks but that was already clear. The point of my comments was not to find that out. It was t complain about it. It really is pathetic, in 2017.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors