Searching...
Accepted Solution

Cannot setup direct debit for broadband bill

pcolby

Hi,

This page says (when you select "Setup Direct Debit", then "Using My Account"), that I should be able to click the "Direct Debit" link in the "Your Bills" sections, to setup Direct Debit.

This is fine for my Mobile bill (and indeed, I have had Direct Debit setup there for years), but there is no such link under my Broadband bill.

Is it really the case that the only possible way to setup DD for Optus Broadband is via a PDF printout and snailmail?  If so, shame on you Optus.  Otherwise, please let me know where I can electronically setup an electronic payment (that doesn't cost a ridiculous $2 each time!).

Thanks.

Paul.

Solution

Re: Cannot setup direct debit for broadband bill

Shae

Sorry to say pcolby, but you can only do it over the phone or by printing off the form and sending it back. I agree that it's not the best way to get it done, but because the broadband systems are a bit older, they don't interface so well with the online account. We're working to bring a new system online that will fix a lot of the challenges we currently face, but it does take time. If you wanted to set up the direct debit over the phone, please give us a buzz on 133 937 - Shae 

anuagg

This is unfair, you want to charge customers for paper bills, and even account charges if we don't pay by direct debit yet you want us to print and mail you the direct debit request?

Why?

IF you want customer only to receive electronically then setup your systems to accept all info online.

You have stopped Bpay view as well to make our lives miserable

Toomey

I'll be sure to pass on your concerns @anuagg. As Shae has mentioned, we are implementing a new system as we speak, it's actually being trialled with a number of staff accounts at the moment. Once testing is completed, we will begin to roll it out to customers. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

pkh

I have had the same issue trying to set up directdebit for cable broadband and agree with the other optus customers in this thread. You should not charge us $2 per month for not having direct debit when you make the process of authorising direct debit so tedious and time consuming.

If you are indeed trialling a new process then at least say that in your direct debit instructions at optus.com.au/directdebit which currently implies that you can do it all online.

I spent 2 hours on livechat yesterday because I was having password issues with MyAccount, only to finally get in an find that I have to download a form, which I probably could have downloaded elsewhere without going in to MyAccount. Can I charge Optus for those 2 hours of my time please?

anuagg

Optus is deaf. It is taking full advantage of its monopoly position. So many people have been complaining and for so long butility no response.

WhatAboutMe

What about me! I had same trouble that unable to update my direct debit credit card detail. I had cancelled my old credit card due to fall into victim of cyber credit fault. I spend time to read Optus DIY update instructions. It is totally incorrect. The problem is Optus didn't correct the DIY setup direct credit page. The same info has been displayed on the web for monthes. Although Optus has been received number of complaints but don't bother to correct the page. When I rang Optus service, the customer service told me can help me to setup the direct debit account but I MUST LET HIM REMOTE access my computer. Why? I got hand to drive my mouse and typing the keyboard. Why Optus ask for remote access to my computer. It can be done over the phone as many other business does! Why Optus make customer looks stupid!

Toomey

Certainly doesn't sound like the easiest way to do it @WhatAboutMe. If you still need assistance, shoot me a DM with your contact number and I can call to do this for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

oz1siiam

ditto time on chat, in retail store and where the hell has my form that was posted gone!

21st century people, a new direct debit form online should be a simple item, most utilities have them and let you change the account/card linked wihtin 1-2 days. anywonder TGP is number 2 now.

oz1siiam

I aolso take that the testing went crap since it hasn't appeared online as yet?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
83 Kudos
76 Kudos
71 Kudos
43 Kudos
28 Kudos