cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor Iwillneveruseth
Occasional Contributor

Cannot pay to recharge prepaid broadband online

Got a message last night had to go into a store to buy credit could not use credit card online. Shops were closed at midnight. Is this an anomaly or is this now procedure?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
chloesok
Blog Author

Re: Cannot pay to recharge prepaid broadband online

Hey @Iwillneveruseth - that certainly sounds strange! If you check out our ways to recharge prepaid broadband here, you should be able to use a credit card to recharge your service online. Could you confirm with me if you were able to do this, or are you still receiving an error? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

What an insipid response. 

Of course that link you provided was checked - there is no way to recharge the sim via online means and it provides a specific message that it cannot be recharged online and can *only* be recharged via purchase of credit from a retailer such as woolworths. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Shauna

Sorry @Iwillneveruseth - if there are too many failed attempts online or our system suspects a security breach then you'll need to recharge your account manually via a retailer & then things will go back to normal.

Understand this is frustrating, this has been passed on as feedback before & i'd be happy to send this post on to our Prepaid team as well.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

That is frankly ridiculous - this particular sim was charged once and set to 'auto-recharge' which it never did. 

There were no failed attempts to recharge - why is that even a worry anyway, is there seriously a black market for stolen sim cards that Optus are worried about? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator GuyCS

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused @Iwillneveruseth 

A physical voucher recharge should remove any card blocks on the service, but if you're still having trouble after that please let us know and we'll investigate further. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors