cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Cannot connect to home phone Have tried all suggestions on website but no good.

Cannot get dial tone on my Optus Home phone xxxxx Have tried all suggestions on website but has not worked. Apparently I have no connection to the network. Cannot telephone anyone - not even Optus. Please help.  John Fox

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Cannot connect to home phone. Have tried all suggestions on website but no good.

@JohnRenard  Yes Crowd is a public forum and not a direct support point for Optus.

Pleas edit your post and remove the personal information as it is a Security Rik. 

Have you checked for any outages in your area?

https://www.optus.com.au/about/network/service-status click on Fixed Outages and enter your postcode. 

If you are an NBN customer you can also check here https://www.nbnco.com.au/support/network-status

If there are no reported outages, Please message Optus Support 24/7 from the My Optus app. 
If you do not have access to the My Optus app you can use social media to contact Optus Support, 
please send a PM to Optus on  Facebook or a DM on Twitter and include in the message you do not have access to the My Optus app. 

I am an Optus subscriber, just trying to help.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Cannot connect to home phone. Have tried all suggestions on website but no good.

How do I edit my post and remove personal information
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @JohnRenard, that`s ok I have removed your personal information from the post. With regards to your landline issue, is this an NBN service? If so then have you tried to switch both the Optus and NBN modem off and on? If that does not help then please refer to our Home phone → troubleshooting page for further assistance. 

Unfortunately, we don`t have access to customer`s account on this public forum. If it still continues then contact us via the details @Tiger1719 posted above to investigate further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy