Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Cancellation

Today I called to cancel my service and was treated appallingly 

I was put through to a supervisor as I asked if there was a medical exception for a cancellation fee .. I am moving home as my dad had a stroke 4 weeks ago and only yesterday my mum was diagnosed with cancer (I added I could provide medical certification) they advised NO and asked if I was ready to pay my bill .. I was ulterly disgusted and asked why did I not get a final payout figure first .. as I thought this was normal standard practice and I asked why was I singled out to be asked if I’m ready to pay my bill .. I asked didn’t I have at least 7 days before I would need to pay it !!!

i spoke with Bupender (the floor manager of the cancellation department) This is the description he gave me 

I asked several times if I could get a recording of the phone call and he promptly answered NO !! I was on the phone to this department for over an answer to only get constant bad service

After several attempts then of trying to get my final payment figure as I wanted to END my association with Optus I advised Bupender that I would be forwarding an email to the Optus complaints department and the obudsman .. Bupender then had the gaul to ask why I was requesting an exception. I advised him him that I would be taking this matter further and ended the call

I generally had a good service from OPTUS but after today .. I would never obtain another service from them !!!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Cancellation

I really do apologise for the experience you've had @sonnybill.

These sorts of requests are assessed on a case by case basis. 

I'm happy to go in and take a look. Can you send us a private message? I need your full name, DOB and account number. 

On the call recording request - we don't give out call recordings. You can make a request to have the call listened to, but the recordings are for internal use only.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I was send a reply that someone would look into my account .. I have tried several times to click on the private message link and it gets me to sign into my account .. I can’t find anywhere to send a private message 

please advise how I do this 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Sorry @S0nnybill, give this link a shot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos