cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

ieong0403
New Contributor
New Contributor

Cancellation

I’ve been applying for cancel my data plan ($55 p/m) since March. Because I’m going back to my home country. I asked for assistance and there’s no one able to help me to cancel my plan. The big thing is... on the page it says they only charge $10 for 1GB and I got an over $1,000 billing for this month I am going crazy about it and I am so helpless. I am just an international student studying in Australia and this company is just killing my hopes of this society. The billing is still going and there’s no way I can cancel it not until I able to cancel it. I am very disappointed of Optus company.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Cancellation

As an international student who is leaving its something you can ignore. All you will get is a bad mark on your (Australian) credit record and in Australia after 7 years they disappear anyway. An outstanding debt also has no impact on visas or travel in anyway.

That said if you are cancelling your plan then don't use any data. You bill suggests you are still using your phone and have used 100Gb of data over your limit. Just stop using your phone.

To cancel just write to : PO Box 306 Salisbury South 5106 SA

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Cancellation

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details, ieong0403.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos