Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
hateopts12345
New Contributor
New Contributor

Cancellation

how the f*$K do you cancel??????????? I HAve been trying to cancel my services for 4 months now 4MONTHS. Every 'human' i speak to hangs up, puts me on hold, cancels the chat or is too busy. I am up to my eyeballs with this bull sh%#. I have no more days and hours ot waste on them. Can  I just block everytrhing to do with them? Ignore their existacne? Been told i cannot get a copy of every chat?????????????? I Need a copy, ive reported to ombudsman. I dont know what else to do.

Tags (1)
11 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Cancellation

The Ombudsman should sort it out without further intervention by you. 

You could also send a written notification detailing the date you first requested the cancelations and what funds might need to be recredited (writing a letter is treated more formally)

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
hateopts12345
New Contributor
New Contributor

urrrhh thank you - im over my eyeballs with being fed up now. This has cost me days and hours off my life - will they cancel my mobile too? I dont want ANYTHING to do with optus anymore? Like nothing. 

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

A letter should see it sorted, mobiles too if you request it. However unless you are certain you are not on any contract period then there's likely termination fees etc. that will be billed (correctly or possibly incorrectly) that you might have to sort out. You will be issues a final bill for each service that should itemise all costs.

I agree it really shouldn't be this hard.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
AlistarS
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi @hateopts12345,

If you like, send us a private message and we'll try and get someone to help out. What we'll do is go in and check when we'd last registered any usage on the broadband service. We can credit the account back for any charges incurred from the date you'd requested the disconnection. 

We'd hate to see you spend anymore time trying to resolve this one. 

0 Kudos
hateopts12345
New Contributor
New Contributor

how do i message privately?

0 Kudos
AlistarS
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

0 Kudos
Jhamku2617
New Contributor
New Contributor

I would like to cancel my service from now on
0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hi @Jhamku2617 

We're unable to take personal details via this platform. I'd really suggest reaching out to our Social Media service team on Facebook or Twitter.

Normally, they'll respond within 2-3 hours. They're relatively quiet today, so there shouldn't be any issues there. 

I can always give them a heads up. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
BennMcNally
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello, I am also experiencing similar issues however I cannot message you as Optus have disabled the online messaging.
0 Kudos