cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Cancellation of my NBN Service

I’ve recently moved house and my new place doesn’t hav NBN access. I have had to start a new mobile broadband service as a result. However I haven’t been able to get through to anyone to cancel the old NBN service. I’ve been put on hold for hours, and I can’t contact anyone about the issue by any other means. It just seams Optus is trying to trap me into paying hundreds of dollars for a service that I haven’t used for the last couple of months. I need help to cancel this service so that I don’t keep getting billed for it. What do I do?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Cancellation of my NBN Service

Can you try the messaging team via the My Optus app @Woody95

If you're unable to get through, chat to our Social Media team on Facebook or Twitter.

They'll be able to get you up and running with the app. They should actually be able to disconnect the service from their side. It's worthwhile asking. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Nah mate I messaged them and they never replied. This is rubbish customer service and I’m really angry about it. Why can’t anyone just help me out?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi Woody95,

Please see this recent post from fellow customer Lewisoz with the current best advice and correct steps to follow on how to cancel your service.

I'm afraid we don't have access to customer accounts here on this public forum.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos