cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Cancel home internet

Dear Optus,
Since I am unable to contact you in any other way (I have tried in person in your shop, your app, phone and internet) I would like to request that you cancel my home broadband as of last Saturday 4 April when I moved to another provider. I have cancelled my direct debit payment and my monthly payments are up to date for2 more days. I will be going to the ombudsman if I am charged for the next month.
Regards,
Caitlin
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Cancel home internet

Hi,

I also have been trying to cancel my home internet account for 3 weeks. Today I was successful. Here are the steps:

1. Call 133 937 

2. DON'T press 1 to be sent the link to chat with the Messaging team when prompted at the start

3. Stay on the line then you will be asked to press various options  as to why you are calling, eventually you will get to cancellations. An operator will answer your call and the operator will direct your call to the Cancellations team in India. This can take up to an hour. But I was able to cancel with 2 weeks notice.

Good Luck!!

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

HI

Did you manage to cancel your account? what worked for you?

I'm lodging a complaint in TIO, how did yours go?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

My cancellation is scheduled on April 30. I'll let you if things don't go well.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

This is typical of Optus and the precise reason I’ve abandoned ship. I am unable to sign in to any of their apps, reset any of my passwords and it looks like my only option to cancel is to wait on the phone for an hour. Optus your are terrible!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Quick update on my optus cancellation - even though Optus told me I did not have to send back the equipment, I received a return addressed empty envelope from Optus 2 days before my end date with no instructions of what to do, so I put in all my optus equipment and sent it back. Optus cancelled my internet early in the morning of the day of cancellation. I hope tjat helps you.
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Maybe I should send them a fax or a telegram? It's crazy that you can't cancel an account online.

It's also crazy that during this when the team are "unable" to deal with cancellations that an account with no activity on it for months that also hasn't been paid in months isn't at least looked at. Why do I need to waste my time and someone else's on a phone call rather than an online option or at least an email address where you can send a predefined set of required information? Thousands of businesses have adapted to COVID within days and months later Optus still can't provide customer service?

And before I get told to contact them via facebook/twitter I'm not on those platforms and don't think I should need to be on an advertising platform complaining publicly to receive basic customer service.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos