cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor JamesJ
New Contributor

Cancel Homephone Voicemail

I don't know if Optus read these forums, but please, cancel my voicemail service. If I had been asked if I wanted the service I would have said no, I'm perfectly happy with the answering machine I have now which allows the screening of calls.

I called up the other day, waited 20 minutes, got someone who spoke terribly confusing English who at the end of the call said they had removed the voicemail service. More than a day later it's still there.

Tried calling today -- 40 minutes on hold to be told the department can't take my call. Tried live chat -- as usual, no one available. I asked on Twitter if there were a way to cancel it without calling 133937 -- to be told in essence 'sure! just call 133937'.

This is a simple issue, it should not be this hard to do something this simple. I have been with Optus all of 7 days and I have never had worse customer service from a company due to the sheer inability to actually contact anyone! I shudder to think what I have gotten myself in for for two years!

5 Replies
RetiredModerator Dave
RetiredModerator

Re: Cancel Homephone Voicemail

Hi James,

Agreed that it shouldn't take this long to have such a simple request actioned.

If you still need a hand with this, drop me a PM.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor munchen99
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue. According to the information on the Optus website it's possible to turn voicemail on/off in "My Account" but I can't find any reference to it. I rang the Optus number to be told by an automated voice that there's a 30 minute wait before my call will be answered. Surely it can't be that difficult!

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Pete
RetiredModerator

Hey munchen99, sorry to hear. This is something we'll be able to give you a hand with. I've just sent you a PM.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Jeff2151
New Contributor

I feel your pain!  Four years later and nothing's changed!

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

This is not something that we can currently assist with here on the forum. If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details. 

If not, please chat with us.
If for some reason it is still not resolved, please follow our complaints process.
Let us know how you go. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos