cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Can you access Reddit?

Just wondering if any of you have problems with accessing Reddit? I can't seem to reach the site from my home broadband. Any other website is fine, and I cannot access it from my PC or phone.

However, if I turn off wireless and use my mobile connection on my phone, I can connect fine.

Not only that I cannot ping the site, I cannot even do a lookup.

Tags (3)
6 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Can you access Reddit?

Probably cookies. Try using a different browser on your PC.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I cannot access Reddit via my Optus mobile currently. My mobile reports www.reddit.com's server DNS address could not be found.

Works fine via my non-Optus desktop connection. As soon as I switch Wi-Fi on for my mobile, it connects.

Switch Wi-Fi off, and DNS resolution failure again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Reddit working fine via app and website via Optus Mobile

Using standard Optus DNS

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Also cannot access via Optus broadband through website and mobile app. Works fine via Telstra mobile data.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

It was also not working on two other mobile devices using the app last night running off wireless on my home broadband. It was ok if I use mobile connection. Everything seems ok this morning though, so I'm not sure what happened there.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Any number of things could be stopping you from accessing a particular website. If Reddit is using a CDN, it may resolve to several different IP addresses, which may be cause a timeout error on certain connections. It is rather strange to have Reddit specifically blocked in this instance. Was there anything in particular that you did @Bugisman to eventually get it working? Power cycling your router (if you haven't in a while) will reset everything and any potential DNS changes you may have made that could be blocking access, so that would be the first thing I would recommend. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos