Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Can't link service to My Optus

I cannot seem to link my 4G Wifi service to My Optus app or account. I get to the stage where it wants to send an SMS to the phone number, but I can't receive the SMS as the SIM card is inside the 4G router. I am not sure how to link this service to My Optus so I can manage it online or through the app

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Can't link service to My Optus

Hi Nick,

You can access SMS sent to your mobile broadband service by logging into the admin console of the router. There should be a sticker on the modem that will have the URL (something like http://192.168.8.1 ) for it and the default username and password. 

There will be a SMS section in there where you can read received txt messages.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply BenF, I have tried this a few times and just tried it again, but the SMS never arrives in the SMS section of the router's admin console.

I have clicked on "Import" but it just says No messages on SIM Card.

I have even tried to use the New Message function to send myself an SMS as a test, but it failed to send.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

That's a bit strange. Which modem do you have?

The only other thing I can thing of is maybe trying to put the sim out of the modem into a phone and seeing if that allows you to recurve the SMS?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

The router is a Huawei B525s-65a.

Unfortunately the SIM card will not fit into any of our phones, it is too large.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

That's weird. I have the same modem and was able to get SMS. I'm sorry, I'm not sure what to suggest next!

0 Kudos