Searching...

Can't get Draytek 2710e to work on aDSL

balga

Hi,

I'm trying to get my trusted Draytek Vigor 2710e work on my Optus aDSL, but even if the modem says aDSL connected (showtime) with decent line speeds (11Mbps down) and using the optusnet user and password that works with the Optus provided sagemcom modem I get no connection to the internet (modem says WAN connected!). Occasionally I'm redirected to the ServiceNet page, where the above username/password combo doesn't work, or just get a xyz site refused to connect error.

Anyone experiencing the same and has found a solution?

thanks

Re: Can't get Draytek 2710e to work on aDSL

Guy

We don't support the use of other modems officially balga but I'm sure one of the friendly YesCrowd gurus will be able to help out Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

balga

Thanks, is there a way to put the sagemcom into bridge mode? It appears that my existing setup doesn't work with it and that's not what I want. My router used to to do PPPoE authenticate with the draytek in bridge without any issues on the same line operated by an optus reseller before. Does optus bind the sagemcom mac to the service?

Sam_D

Hey @balga - bridge mode isn't enabled on the Sagem Smiley Happy Though as Guy mentioned above, one of your fellow users may be able to shed some light on an alternative set up. 

balga

Thanks. I ended up cancelling the service Smiley Sad had constant 0 bandwidth issues that made connecting to the internet a major pain. The fetchtvs kept timing out etc... Shame on Optus for not offering anything to the somewhat more advanced users who prefer their own equipment and the control over their own network that comes with it.

Hollie

Sorry to hear you've ended up leaving us @balga Smiley Sad If you do need a hand with anything else in the future please give us a shout. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
81 Kudos
76 Kudos
71 Kudos
40 Kudos
30 Kudos