Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Can't connect to my wireless with my wireless adaptor

Hi,

I've recently purchased a new computer system that uses Windows 10 which also uses the Asus pce ac56 wireless adapter.

I am currently on the optus cable plan using the CG3000-2STAUS router. However, i am not able to detect this network.

My other computers, phones and laptops have had no problem detecting the network.

Some help and advise would be great cheers.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Can't connect to my wireless with my wireless adaptor

Hi there,

Is it any wireless network I.e. Personal hotspot?

You may find you'll need to enable Radio Management Services?

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Dave,

The asus adapter can detect other surrounding networks, but not my one. I've look up the net and apparently my Netgear router is not compatible for Windows 10, would that be a possible contributor?

Im not sure what you mean by Radio Service Management.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Hey,

I guess as you can see other WIFI SSID's but just not yours would seem very odd. I assume you've tried temporarily setting the netgears SSID to something basic like HOME or TEST.

To find RSM could be found using the run command (admin) and type service.msc. Be warned, things can go horribly wrong if the unlearned play. I'm far from a "eggspurt" and use a good internet search engine to find specifically what I need before proceeding.

Still it seems a WIN10 issue maybe?

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @cloud_above, thanks for reaching out to us. If all your other computers, phones and laptops are able to connect to the Optus modem and only your new computer is not then its most likely the Wi-Fi on your new computer. You are best to contact Asus → here to help you out. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos