cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Can't connect on Optus Business 4G with static IP

So I've been struggling for well over a week now to get my business 4G connection to connect with a static IP and was hoping that somewhere out there is someone who can help! I have requested the static IP from Optus which they have set up however when I enter the details provided it will not connect. I am using an Archer MR400 router which gives me the following fields when setting up a new profile:

Profile Name:

PDP Type: IPv4 or IPv6

APN Type: Static or dynamic

APN:

Username:

Password:

Authentication Type: None, PAP or CHAP

I have set it up with the below details 

Profile Name: yesbusiness

PDP Type: IPv4

APN Type: Static

APN: my static IP (not publishing here)

Username:

Password:

Authentication Type: CHAP

But it will not connect. I have also tried using the APN: yesbusiness however this also does not work

As a side note I can connect to the personal Optus 4G with APN: connect

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Can't connect on Optus Business 4G with static IP

Hello,

As far as we are aware - there is no public ip available on Optus 4G (except some high end enterprise services).

No public IP, just a shared NAT IP means no static IP.

Did you receive any documentation for the service?

If its a business connection you should have a contact point in Optus SMB or OB with their own contact number for4 assistance - that would be your best bet in regards to support.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Paddy

I was provided with a static IP address starting with 161.XX.XX.XX  which I believe is public? (personal Optus NAT IP's start 49.XX.XX.XX) With regards to documentation, I received an email stating that my business 4G service was now active, received a new SIM card (as I was previously on a the same plan but on a personal account) and was able to connect to the internet using the APN: connect. However I have been unable to get the static IP to work or connect to the APN: yesbusiness

I have been in contact with Optus Business Support for over a week, they have set up the static IP three times now and keep telling me to wait 15 mins to 4 hours and it will just change. I assumed that the router would simply be assigned the new static IP when it connected? However the last time I spoke to someone they told me I needed to change the APN to the static IP address they provided me. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

After a week of chatting to many, many different Optus support people I have now been told that the only routers / modems that support static IP addresses on Optus are:

Optus Mini WIFI Modem: Huawei E586
Optus BMB USB devices: Huawei USB Device: E367 / E173 / E1762

When I get hold of one of the above to test I will update

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

All those devices are 3G only

All those devices are no longer sold.

So...you can only get a 3g service on a device that is no longer sold.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos