Searching...
Highlighted

Can't connect on Optus Business 4G with static IP

Kaptain-K

So I've been struggling for well over a week now to get my business 4G connection to connect with a static IP and was hoping that somewhere out there is someone who can help! I have requested the static IP from Optus which they have set up however when I enter the details provided it will not connect. I am using an Archer MR400 router which gives me the following fields when setting up a new profile:

Profile Name:

PDP Type: IPv4 or IPv6

APN Type: Static or dynamic

APN:

Username:

Password:

Authentication Type: None, PAP or CHAP

I have set it up with the below details 

Profile Name: yesbusiness

PDP Type: IPv4

APN Type: Static

APN: my static IP (not publishing here)

Username:

Password:

Authentication Type: CHAP

But it will not connect. I have also tried using the APN: yesbusiness however this also does not work

As a side note I can connect to the personal Optus 4G with APN: connect

Re: Can't connect on Optus Business 4G with static IP

Paddylee

Hello,

As far as we are aware - there is no public ip available on Optus 4G (except some high end enterprise services).

No public IP, just a shared NAT IP means no static IP.

Did you receive any documentation for the service?

If its a business connection you should have a contact point in Optus SMB or OB with their own contact number for4 assistance - that would be your best bet in regards to support.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Kaptain-K

Hi Paddy

I was provided with a static IP address starting with 161.XX.XX.XX  which I believe is public? (personal Optus NAT IP's start 49.XX.XX.XX) With regards to documentation, I received an email stating that my business 4G service was now active, received a new SIM card (as I was previously on a the same plan but on a personal account) and was able to connect to the internet using the APN: connect. However I have been unable to get the static IP to work or connect to the APN: yesbusiness

I have been in contact with Optus Business Support for over a week, they have set up the static IP three times now and keep telling me to wait 15 mins to 4 hours and it will just change. I assumed that the router would simply be assigned the new static IP when it connected? However the last time I spoke to someone they told me I needed to change the APN to the static IP address they provided me. 

Kaptain-K

After a week of chatting to many, many different Optus support people I have now been told that the only routers / modems that support static IP addresses on Optus are:

Optus Mini WIFI Modem: Huawei E586
Optus BMB USB devices: Huawei USB Device: E367 / E173 / E1762

When I get hold of one of the above to test I will update

Paddylee

All those devices are 3G only

All those devices are no longer sold.

So...you can only get a 3g service on a device that is no longer sold.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
74 Kudos
53 Kudos
50 Kudos
31 Kudos
20 Kudos