cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
ChrisCaggs69
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Can't change password on member services - There is an error in the transaction server. try again

Hi I have my username and password for my cable broadband and when i  log onto member services i experience this error

"There is an error in the transaction server. Please try again later" I've also haven't received my paper bill this month for optus broadband and optis featuring foxtel. All i'm wanting to do is change my password for all 3 email accounts and after half an hour on live chat still not resolved. 

My Cable broadbabd account is **removed for security**

Optis pay TV with foxtel **removed for security**

Thanks 
Chris Carragher

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jeneral__Pain
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Can't change password on member services - There is an error in the transaction server. try ag

Hi Chris,

I've just hidden your account numbers for your security. The last thing we need to hear is that something happened to your accounts because it was "Searchable".

Anyway, if there is an "error in the transaction" server it sounds like the password tool is not working as it should, unfortunately, that's not something even the YC team can fix. It'll be better off to chat to technical support who can figure out what is wrong with the account.

As for not receiving your paper bill, once it gets handed from the print house to Australia Post, we're at the mercy of the posties delivering it. Again, live chat can arrange to have them reissued to you and adjustments made to prevent any unnecessary collection action until they arrive for you to audit and agree.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
bigmick21
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Can't change password on member services - There is an error in the transaction server. try ag

Member Services have been down since the "down grade" of the system last month either Optus are not interested in fixing it or

the tech support are hopelesss 

0 Kudos
jensen
New Contributor
New Contributor

If somebody finds one or more Web-page(s) explaining how to manage email accounts - including passwords

Please post it.

If somebody finds a way to email Optus Tech Support

Please Post it.

0 Kudos
Kartika

Hi @jensen, the option to add, remove or change secondary email account is not available online at the moment. You are best to speak with our Support team either via the → messaging service or by calling them on 131344 - Mon - Fri: 8am - 8pm Sat: 9am - 5pm AEST to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
jensen
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the email to my email inbox.
-I did not start this thread. I simply quoted it. Apparently the first time the problem was mentioned was 04-06-2019 11:57 PM by ChrisCaggs69. -More than a year ago. ...
I notice that " ... the option ... is not available online at the moment. ... "
I am looking forward to the time when it becomes available again. -As it was when I became a customer of Optus some years ago.

jensen.

0 Kudos