Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
Contributor DIDI
Contributor

Can't access webmail.

For the last two months I have been  having an intermittent problem accessing webmail. I get "unable to verrify account name and password" when I try to login . It now seems to be permanent.  I am definitely using the right password. It is saved .  When this first happened I was eventually able to speak to someone at Optus.  We went through  numerous times of giving me a temporary password to reset.  I went  been overseas for a few weeks and it was still an intermittent problem , every now and then I would not be receiving mail and unable to access webmail.   Fortunately I had another email with another company so I was still able to function.  When I got back I was able to access webmail but most of the mail wasn't on the server.  I had most of the important stuff available.  Now I have not been recieving emails to my optusnet account , other one still working fine, since middday yesterday , 18th,.

I tried ringing the number I used before I left ,  went round in circles for several minutes but was unable to get through to any technical support .  Kept trying and somehow I was able to login to my account , but still not webmail .  Since they should be the same passwords this is  very strange.   From contact us, I got an SMS for a page that is no longer available.

This seems to be the only way I  can connect to Optus. 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor DIDI
Contributor

Re: Can't access webmail.

Just realised I won't be able to get access to any email replies.   So this a waste of time.   

My account No. 3299683302  If anyone can help me. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator JordanOptus
RetiredModerator

Hmmm, should definitely be an easy fix there @DIDI You'd be able to get onto our Billing team through Live Chat though and they should be able to fix it up 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor DIDI
Contributor

It most certainly isn't an easy fix. I have yet to find a transaction with Optus that is. It took me all day just to be connected to a real person and  then I had to change my password yet again. We still don't know why it keeps happening . Then when I could connect it said checking , downloading 15 messages and they just vanished.!!  They weren't on your server either. !!  This what happened when I came back from OS , hundreds downloading, but only 51 made it through. !!!  Also not on your server. 

I can't tell you how much I want to get rid of Optus.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor DIDI
Contributor

And of 2.36pm today the problem is back  !!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Aman_B

That's definitely not good to hear @DIDI and we're really sorry it didn't work out the way it should 😞 Is this something that you've since raised with our Faults team for further investigation? Please do contact us here → http://yesopt.us/chat2us so that we can investigate.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor DIDI
Contributor

When I could actually get to talk to somone I have raised it as often and as forcibly as I could , spent about an hour yesterday trying yet again .  It's like beating my head against a brick wall.  I am just told to do the same things over and over again and when they don't work I am offered yet another temporary password. Which will work for a while, and then the same thing happens again!!!   Yesterday I thought I may have got the message across that this was not a solution and that a supervisor would ring me back. No one did.  Yesterday I used an old link to get  to a place where I could reset my password without a temporary password. . The really annoying thing was that I literally had to find this for myself. No one had been able to tell me how to do it. ???  But I don't want to have to keep resetting  my password .  I just want this to work.  I have already been to that link.  I got the same thing . Temporary password and hope it doesn't happen again.  Well, it has been happening for over two months now and I seem to have lost emails as well when it comes back.  Dosen't anybody leave notes on my accounts about these problems. ??

I have been all over your site trying to get answers , a lot to pages that are no longer there.  It's a dogs breakfast. Perhaps it's as simple as you are not doing anything about cable before NBN .???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor DIDI
Contributor

Just happened again .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Completely get this is frustrating @DIDI. Shouldn't be an ongoing issue. Realistically, our faults department are the best team to speak to with regards to this. We don't have the tools or training on our end to have this resolved. Terribly sorry, but you'll need to touch base with them on 131344 or via Chat

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor DIDI
Contributor

As I have said before I been to that number and to chat multiple times.  And I get the same response, change my password with a   temporary password and hope it  doesn't happen again, When it does happen this is the only place I seem to be able to say anything. 

It is totally beyond frustrating.  I need someone withe skills to fix it to get in touch with me, because I have tried everywhere I can. 

0 Kudos