Searching...

Re: Can't access a non-Optus email account

Bert_IYT

NetRegistry are following it up!.   I got this the email below from their tech support:

"Yes currently we are aware of the issue of Optus users however currently their servers intentionally blocks access to website and servers like cPanel.  However I will be needing to further investigate can you provide the domain name involve?"

At least they are acknowledging the issue.  I'll let you know if any good comes from it...

GeordieOxley

Awesome.

I also spoke at length about this to a sales rep last week from NetRegistry. I advised they needed to escalate it, so hopefully we can finally get some answers.

Solution

[ Edited ]
mackme

Hi,

Bypassing their DNS will fix the problem, instructions are found on this URL:

http://www.wikihow.com/Bypass-OpenDNS-Internet-Security

DNS Servers you can try:

Google

OpenDNS

FreeDNS

OpenDNS

Try this and let me know how it goes.

Helldad

Yep, see above - I've been using Open DNS or Google DNS for several days now without problems.  It's no longer a problem for me, I've moved my web hosting elsewhere.

tplant27

Two things. I have had a response from netregistry, whose advice is to use the ip address instead of the cpxxx.ezyreg.com.

And I'm now getting the same issue through Telstra, though not all the time.

But I'll be changing over to another DNS, as mentioned above, so hopefully that is the end of the problem of Optus and netregistry.

Highlighted

rodbod

Works well

I have tested this with DNS at openDNS and Google and no longer have connection problems

My advice is to anyone with this problem is to change the DNS as it will certainly be a lot less frustrating and quicker than waiting for the "technical gurus" at Optus or Netregistry to work out how to speak to each other in any sort of language they may understand, even if they want to solve the problem!

Thanks to you and Helldad for this easy fix!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
78 Kudos
68 Kudos
52 Kudos
41 Kudos
26 Kudos