Searching...

Re: Can't access a non-Optus email account

GeordieOxley

Netregisty have told me the problem is with Optus.

It works fine on my Telstra connection.

Optus are meant to call me back, not sure when that will happen....

tplant27

Regarding blaming Netregistry, they have had an issue with Apple devices and cPanel, "Specifically being unable to send and/or receive emails due to an SSL warning." They reckon to have confirmed that it is an Apple issue, and the remedy is:

"Please follow these steps - Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Please be aware that this also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before. "

Not having an Apple device, and it being an issue on an Android phone and Windows laptop, I don't reckon that's the issue for me, but the answer is there for you if  you are Apple based and had the SSL warning.

Helldad

Same problem here - I have a few domains hosted by Netregistry, handled by ezyreg.com. Fortunately my websites and email are all working, BUT I can't access my cpanel which is directly addressed at cp42.ezyreg.com.

It took Netregistry more than 4 days to respond to my fault ticket, ask for screenshots, then escalate.  The initial investigator was able to access the site (possibly from the Phillipines).  Still waiting for a response, now 6 days without website admin access - BUT....

Tonight I think I proved it is an Optus DNS issue.  I simply changed the TCP/IP properties in my desktop PC to use a manually assigned DNS address instead of the one assigned by the Optus cable modem.  I used OPEN DNS 208.67.222.222 and now I can get to cpanel.  To manually set DNS on a phone or iPad see http://www.macinstruct.com/node/558.

I wonder if the Optus blockage is related to an error message we get on wife's iPad when accessing one of my domain email accounts we have at ezyreg.com - when I selected "more info" on the error, it reported that the ezyreg trust certificate had a problem.

Helldad

Update: I finally got a level 2 tech response from Netregistry - they got me to ping an ezyreg IP address successfully which convinced them that Optus has a problem.

So here we have a hosting company Netregistry who has multiple customers affected by a DNS issue at Optus, and they don't think it's a problem for them, only us customers.  Wouldn't it be in their interest to escalate it with Optus?  In my dialogue with Netregistry they claim that Optus customers have more pull than they do, as they're not an Optus customer.

Meanwhile I'll be using the OPEN DNS workaround while investigating other hosting companies.

tplant27

I've been speaking to netregistry again. They've agreed to escalate the issue. We'll see what that produces in due course.

Meanwhile, I can confirm that changing the cp125.ezyreg.com pop and smtp server addresses to the IP address (27.121.64.125) gets around the issue - I can send and receive.

BUT I had to create an exception as Thunderbird/Optus/Avast (not sure where the dialog box came from) said there was an issue with the SSL certificate provided by netregistry. Once that is done, all works.

Netregistry know what I've done that works and doesn't work. Hopefully, that helps them sort the issue.

Bert_IYT

Have you heard anything more?

Highlighted

tplant27

Just heard today from netregistry support, who wrote "After investigation we believe this issue has now been resolved."

No, it's not fixed. I changed the settings back to what they wanted and checked - same old problem. 

Helldad

Netregistry support can't see the issue unless attempting access through an Optus connection. Another possible workaround might be to change your email client POP and SMTP settings from ezyreg.com to mail.yourdomain if you are using your own domain. The disadvantage is that you'll need to use non encryption port settings. Optus have blocked ezyreg.com but hosted domain names are ok.

I've just finished moving my hosted domains to another provider - response to setup questions has been very good.

rodbod

yes I have had this exact problem for months...probably 12 months

My cpanel server is cp52.ezyreg.com, IP number 27.121.64.52

Netregistry continue to say it is not their problem and I am sure it is n ot

I can connect via my mobile Voda when I cannot connect via optus ADSL

It seems to switch on and off during the day, mostly has been off at about 8-9am then around midday then around 5pm

but lately all day!

The tracert says it that the name does not resolve which means to me that Optus have a DNS problem.

Just tried a tracert to the IP address no problem although it took 34ms

Tracert was Unable to resolve cp52.ezyreg.com

I am totally sick of this nonsense and unless optus fix this issue it is bye bye to them from me after more than 10 years!

GeordieOxley

^^

What you've just described is the exact same issue I have. Optus are hopeless, have never called me back after they said they would.

No way I will be using them for NBN when it comes to me shortly.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
79 Kudos
78 Kudos
52 Kudos
42 Kudos
30 Kudos