cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor BlackMonk
Occasional Contributor

Re: Can not visit some website from china

no, raised a ticket with optus. something for them to resolve, some dns or possible routing/firewall issues to those addresses.

0 Kudos
New Contributor OliverXu
New Contributor

I raised a ticket on Saturday night. The problem is still there, not resovled yet. 

Can anyone who has the same issue, when the problem is resovled, please send a message here to let others know. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @OliverXu, have we asked you to run a traceroute? That way we can establish whether it's a DNS/routing issue. Have you also tried several different web browsers? The trace route should give us an idea of where the path is broken. I'd suggest running the traceroute and PMing us with a screen shot of the result. If you could also include your fault ticket number, that'd be great. We can send it through to the team looking after your case.

You could also try a VPN or an alternative DNS server such as Google DNS or Open DNS

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor OliverXu
New Contributor

Hi @Dan_C, thanks for the following-up. I did. I ran traceroute and ping on Optus cable network and non-optus (my mobilephone 4G) network. I sent the screenshot to tracert@optus.com.au. Reference Number: 1754 4651. 

I also tried on different browsers and different platform. It came with the same result.

You mentioned to try an alternative DNS server. Could yo shed me some light on how to set it up?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor CharlieWu
Occasional Contributor

VPN resolve the issue.  I've tried my company VPN, which moved all traffic to telstra NBN.  DNS has not effect, I'm using Google DNS.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor CharlieWu
Occasional Contributor

Occasional Contributor

I was asked to do a traceroute as well and send it over, but I'm at work and I can't do it until I get home.

The issue is not just qq.com or web.wechat.com, but also it is affecting the wechat application when receiving photos.

How can you change the DNS? the optus provided router does not give you that option. It's set by optus.

so where are you changing the DNS from?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Changing the DNS through the PC is not the solution, because what do you do with the wireless devices?

Optus does not allow you to change the DNS settings in the sagem fast modem. so that is not a fix.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

@Dan_Cwhere/who would you like us to send the PMs about this to?

The optus provided router does not allow you to change the DNS unlike other routers,

so the alternative is to change it in windows network properties, but that will not work for wireless devices.

The issue is not just websites, when using the wechat application, I can't receive photos, someone tries to send me a photo, the apps sees it, it just won't download it.

Optus NBN cable users are not affected, only Optus Cable users.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Guys,

This is appears to have been fixed by Optus. I just tested it and everything is back to normal. I also got confirmation from the optus rep that this was resolved by the back end team.