cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor stace101
New Contributor

Can not receive emails on Broadband or Wifi

From the weekend we are unable to receive any emails from all our network computers using Outlook.  We are able to access these emails on the 4g on our phones and also using our Crazy Domains Webmail. However nothing will come through when connected to the Optus Cable Wifi or Broadband. This is very frustrating and Optus can not help at all after numerous calls. I suspect that our IP has been blocked by the modem.   I have to turn the WIFI off for emails till to come through. Can some one please help, as Optus only answers when it is a sales call (3 minute wait time) - tech support - 45 minutes.  And everyone just keeps transferring us through to others that still can't help. Very very frustrating after losing 2 days work time and also lots of expense in IT bills. Both Crazy Domains and IT people have advised it is a Optus problem.  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can not receive emails on Broadband or Wifi

Not knowing the domain or IP makes it a bit difficult to check. You can send an email to mailblockreview@optusnet.com.au with a description of what is happening and they may unblock it assuming that's what the problem is.

Edit: I must say  that many times a domain may be blocked through no fault of their own as they simply might be sharing a subnet with some scam website that is hitting up Optus mail servers. It is strange however that mobile data works when fixed services don't.

0 Kudos
Moderator GuyCS

Re: Can not receive emails on Broadband or Wifi

Hey @stace101 - not great to hear you're having trouble receiving emails via Outlook. Just to confirm, is this for an Optusnet email address? 

If so, we have some troubleshooting steps on our website which may help here → Can't Send/Receive Email.

This guide will help ensure you've got the correct settings on Outlook. Let us know how you go.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos