Searching...
Highlighted

Can Once suspend Home Broadband when away

Keivn

Hi All,

I just wanted to know if we can put our account on hold/suspend the account if you are away.

I am on a contract with the Optus Broadband.

Thanks

Kevin

Re: Can Once suspend Home Broadband when away

[ Edited ]
Davelew

Hi

There has been a fair amount of discussion on this forum about suspending your contract. It seems it can be done for mobile at $5 per month but no definitive answer on broadband. Here is a link to an Optus post which days you need to ring them.

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/can-i-put-a-temporary-stop-on-my-service?requestType=No...

Here's another link to a discussioni held on the forum but might confuse you more:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/NBN/Can-I-end-my-contract-without-penalty/m-p/480198/highlight/true...

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Paddylee

If its NBN - then no - as NBN would still want their wholesale fee.

Only way around this is to cancel then reconnect when ready (and this costs money to to do).

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

chloesok

Hey @Keivn - I've taken a look into this for you and I can confirm that we're unable to temporarily suspend fixed internet and landline services. Apologies for any inconvenience here. If you did need to chat to someone about this in more detail, I'd recommend giving our Customer Care team a call on 133 937 or chatting to them here. They may be able to look into alternative options for you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Davelew

Hi @petergdownload

Definitive answer to fixed broadband. I'm not going to be able to claim all that money, just have to have a glass of cheap white tonight.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

petergdownload

Yes drown those sorrows. Ironically of you did qualify for all that money you'd have no reason to drink then.

Peter Gillespie

Linc

Hi did you have any luck? I want to put on hold too, and the person said can not be done.

Ta

petergdownload

Perhaps try again (another agent might say yes). 

But I think its not a service Optus offer at the moment

Peter Gillespie

Paddylee

Mobiles - can suspend as Optus owns the network

Nbn/resold Telstra dsl based - nbn/telstra still want the wholesale cost regardless so not available.

Optus hfc - perhaps? 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Eveline

Hey Linc, I'm afraid not. Suspensions can only be put on postpaid mobile services, not fixed services. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
63 Kudos
42 Kudos
32 Kudos
32 Kudos
16 Kudos