cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Can I use Optus Sagemcom fast @5366 with other NBN provider?

Out of interest anything stopping you just trying out the pros modem? Best way to confirm is do. On the surface it should work so long as it is vdsl2 modem with a pet to plug the phone line in.
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Apart from previous references, unfortunately I can't offer any practical experience as I am not familiar with that RSP. Safest path for you to follow would be to contact their Help Desk and ask them to guide you through the process of connecting the F@ST5366 TN. They may have experience with the Optus modem.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor mshahzad
Occasional Contributor

I connected my Optus modem and entered the details given by another service provider under
Internet Connectivity>Basic>IPv4

Changed the default username and password with a username given by my NBN provider, but unfortunately, it's not working. Any idea to deal with this issue?
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

https://www.flipconnect.com.au/knowledgebase/set-modem-byo-modem/

The help desk telephone number is listed here along with the procedures Flip recommend - their WAN setting for  Encapsulation is PPPoE, other NBN RSPs use IPoE.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I have entered PPP account details. DSL light becomes solid after a few minutes but @ light blinks for a few minutes and goes red after that. Still not sure what to do.
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

@Mkrtich I already have NBN FTTN at my place. I got this Optus Sagemcom f@st5366 TN-A modem. It only works through WAN connection with my previously installed modem. When I directly plus DSL cable into it, it doesn’t works. Although it show solid DSL light after blinking for a few minutes but @ light goes red after a while. My software version is SG4Y1T000031 and it doesn’t let me select VDSL from inside the configuration( I couldn’t find this). Do you have any idea to update it to latest version so that I could get more customisation options inside from the configuration menu.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

The last version of the firmware that I saw listed on the forum was SG4Y1T000085. You are not able to upgrade this as a user, it is controlled by Optus and occurs automatically - the modem regularly checks with Optus Servers for status check. I am not familiar with the F@ST5366 Menu structure. Generally, the settings for all External link services are found under a WAN or an Advanced Setup folio.

If the Optus modem works well when connected to your current modem via a WAN to LAN cable connection, you should be OK to use most of the F@ST 5366 features as a secondary network or a single network in an Access Point configuration if connected as a LAN to LAN link. Puzzling why the alternative direct connect with telephone cable from the DSL port to your wall socket doesn't work. May imply the modem is locked to Optus ?

Suggest you do contact your RSP for any technical assistance they may provide - they are OK on users having third party modems. Once your contract is up for renewal with your current RSP, you may wish to consider migrating to Optus for a single network solution.  

0 Kudos