Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor SuperStacy
Occasional Contributor

Can I upgrade my Optus Cable Modem ?

Hi Folks,

I have the ancient Cisco DPQ3212 modem. It still works, but pretty sure the battery is rooted in it and from time to time and seems to jam up and needs a reboot.

I heard NBN are rolling out a new Arris CM8200 modems ready for DOCSIS3.1, what are my chances of buying one to replace the Cisco unit ?

*Note: I'll be pushing up dasies before anyone actually implements DOCSIS 3.1, but the dream of getting it one day is nice.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Can I upgrade my Optus Cable Modem ?

Hey there @SuperStacy - we do have a newer model Netgear that we're currently offering our Cable customers 🙂 If you can send me a PM with your full name, DOB and account number I'd be happy to go through your options. Our Faults team can also arrange this for you on 131344. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor EddieH
New Contributor

Does your newer Netgear cable modem support wifi 802.11ac?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey @EddieH, not at this stage sorry. We're planning to introduce a Wifi AC modem for our cable customers later on down the track. We'll be sure to let our customers know once its rolled out. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor ozybum
Occasional Contributor

What are they latest cable modems Optus offers? Mine is starting to play up and am looking for an upgrade.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hannah-L
RetiredModerator

Hi @ozybum, we're currently stocking the Netgear CG3000 modem. We can also provide a Netgear CM500V model which can be paired with our Sagemcom F@ST3864AC modem if you need an AC WiFi solution.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for that info, how do you get these? Do you have to pay for them or are they upgraded through your account?

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator

It would depend on whether your existing modem is still under warranty. If you send me a PM with your full name, DOB and account number I can take a look. 🙂

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Hannah, just PM'd you.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator

No worries @ozybum, I'll respond to you there shortly.

0 Kudos